D

Deleted member 362816

Yeah ofc, Its just a cheaper way I prefer 1 card to 2 gpu cards but evga made this custom there usally decent, Also most new games are setup better for SLI then they used to be.

mortonww

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Yeah, generally, but even crysis 2 had issues with multi-gpu systems when it first came out, so it still happens sometimes. He'll just have a lot less to worry about with a single fast card. And having witnessed microstuttering with my old gpu (4870x2), I just don't feel right recommending it.

mortonww

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
You could get the gigabyte gaz68 ud4 for $160 or possibly another Asrock that is z68, like the Extreme3 z68. The SSD cache will be for frequently-accessed files. So programs you open a lot, startup items, etc won't be read from the slower hdd, but the ssd instead. Google "Intel SRT" to learn more. It really does seem like a great compromise between either having a capacious and cheap boot drive or fast, small and expensive boot drive.

D

Deleted member 362816

The 460x2 which i linked above is cheaper and faster=just as fast as the 580 the other guy was pointing out issues that can arise when useing SLI 2 gpus at once.