Can i install windows 7 with D102ggc2 desktop board

G

please tell me whether i can install windows 7 in d 102ggc2 desktop board. what drivers are to be insatlled. how to update bios for the above motherboard now running windows xp

jeepster50

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
please tell me whether i can install windows 7 in d 102ggc2 desktop board. what drivers are to be insatlled. how to update bios for the above motherboard now running windows xp
Here is your mobo's support website; http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/dsktpboards/d102ggc2 according to this there is no bios update only a couple drivers and it does not support win7. However you could probably get it to install but it will run really slow. Edit; All dependent on your CPU, graphics & ram.
What's your system specs?

dragonic2020

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
I once had a D101GGC with the entry-level Pentium D 805 and 2GB of DDR1 (I know, ancient stuff). It ran Windows 7 32-bit just fine. O, and having a GeForce 9400 GT helped a bit.
I believe your D102GGC2 is relatively newer than my old board, so it should probably run Windows 7, given that your processor can support it.

But in any case, download and run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to be sure.

jagmint

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011

Yes you can. You haven't mentioned your configuration.

My specs are
Intel 102GGC2 motherboard,
1.5 GB DDR2 RAM 533 MHz (two RAM modules both from transcend one is 1 GB and another 512 MB, both of same frequency),
Intel Pentium D 2.66 GHz dual core
No graphics card other than the built in card in the motherboard.
No separate cooling other than the basic fan setup.

I have installed and am using windows 7 without any problems. I even tried with only 512 MB RAM, and still it works though a bit slow and you can see the slowness. But you can work around no problem, but you cannot play heavy duty games.

No separate drivers are required, everything plays out of box unless you have some different configuration.