Need help with RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mphhot2

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
i currently have a Dv6-6135dx and i want to upgrade it's ram because it's using DDR3 667mhz low quality ram. And this is my first time using this laptop. So i was wondering if there's a specific ram that only laptop's motherboard can fit. is there a limit? and can someone suggest me one?

Solution
To clarify, laptops use SO-DIMM memory sticks. If you don't want to install any software, you can use the online memory scanning tool from www.crucial.com

Basically, if you allow the scanner to check your system, the results will show you what RAM is supported (DDR2 or DDR3), and the max capacity supported by your motherboard. And since crucial is a RAM manufacturer, you'll even get some recommendations for upgrades.
To clarify, laptops use SO-DIMM memory sticks. If you don't want to install any software, you can use the online memory scanning tool from www.crucial.com

Basically, if you allow the scanner to check your system, the results will show you what RAM is supported (DDR2 or DDR3), and the max capacity supported by your motherboard. And since crucial is a RAM manufacturer, you'll even get some recommendations for upgrades.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.