icons and transparency

July 7, 2004 9:34:12 PM

when i change my back ground from anything but the ms
provided wallpapers, the icons are no longer transparent
behind the text portions... how can i correct this... i
found: Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 305117 but that
is not very helpful...

please advise... thanks

More about : icons transparency

Anonymous
July 8, 2004 3:43:55 AM

Place mouse over an empty spot on desktop,
Right click the mouse.
Hover the mouse over: "Arrange icons by"
On the sub-menu that opens beside it: uncheck "Lock Web
Items On Desktop"

You should be fine now.

July 8, 2004 5:59:18 AM

>too poor to get certified

Cute! :o )

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"too poor to get certified" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2834e01c464b6$f0719ea0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Place mouse over an empty spot on desktop,
> Right click the mouse.
> Hover the mouse over: "Arrange icons by"
> On the sub-menu that opens beside it: uncheck "Lock Web
> Items On Desktop"
>
> You should be fine now.

July 8, 2004 12:49:02 PM

That option is not on my sub-menu. But I'm not having transparency
problems anyway.

--

Gerald Ross, Cochran, GA
To reply add the numerals "13" before the "at"

Click on the Start button
Select Control Panel
Then select Performance and Maintenance/Adjust Visual Effects/"Use drop shadows
for icon labels on the Desktop".
Classic - Control Panel/System/Advanced/Performance/Settings
If this still doesn't do the trick, right-click the desktop, point to Arrange
Icons By and make sure that Lock Web Items on Desktop is un-checked

"massimo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i change my back ground from anything but the ms
> provided wallpapers, the icons are no longer transparent
> behind the text portions... how can i correct this... i
> found: Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 305117 but that
> is not very helpful...
>
> please advise... thanks
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 2:56:38 AM

It's on my submenu.
Kaylene

"Gerald Ross" <gwader@netcommander.com> wrote in message
> That option is not on my sub-menu. But I'm not having transparency
> problems anyway.
>
> too poor to get certified wrote:
> > Place mouse over an empty spot on desktop,
> > Right click the mouse.
> > Hover the mouse over: "Arrange icons by"
> > On the sub-menu that opens beside it: uncheck "Lock Web
> > Items On Desktop"
> >
> > You should be fine now.

Anonymous
July 9, 2004 3:35:57 AM

One needs Active Desktop on else how could one lock.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123...

"Kaylene aka Taurarian" <taurarian@REMOVE_CAPS_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uzqsEsOZEHA.996@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> It's on my submenu.
> Kaylene
>
> "Gerald Ross" <gwader@netcommander.com> wrote in message
> > That option is not on my sub-menu. But I'm not having transparency
> > problems anyway.
> >
> > too poor to get certified wrote:
> > > Place mouse over an empty spot on desktop,
> > > Right click the mouse.
> > > Hover the mouse over: "Arrange icons by"
> > > On the sub-menu that opens beside it: uncheck "Lock Web
> > > Items On Desktop"
> > >
> > > You should be fine now.

July 15, 2004 6:23:20 PM

Enable Active Desktop:

Active Desktop - Enable/Disable (Line 16)

!