Sign in with
Your question

AMD Selection Guide

Last response: in Systems
August 26, 2011 9:41:39 AM

I upgraded my comp and my son upgraded his so he could use my (inno3D geforce gtx 260 896mb and 192 stream processor) I think there are/were to types of this card. Which i only bought a few months ago.
My son bought a mainboad bungle which is (as the box states)

Amd reaction quadcore motherboard bungle.

Amd phenom x4 9600 quad
Foxconn a74ml-h motherboard
2 gig ram.

Now i plug the 260 graphics card in mine, no problem. But with his there is no picture. I did contact foxconn and there might be a compatibility problem (they don't know, from there email). Thought they would as foxconn are fairly popular but more so geforce cards. I did plug in my inno3d 460 gtx and it worked fine in his computer.

i have given as much info as i can think of and hope you can help.

So any thought as to why the card won't work.?

More about : amd selection guide

August 26, 2011 9:48:40 AM

A few things to try:

Make sure the video cable is connected to the right port (connect it to the video card, NOT the onboard video). If your doing this already and still not getting a picture, connect your video cable to the motherboard video output. If you get video output now then its a BIOS change that needs to occur. You need to disable the onboard video, and enable the PCI graphics video.

EDIT: Just re-read your first post and noticed "I did plug in my inno3d 460 gtx and it worked fine in his computer." so the above might not apply
August 26, 2011 10:16:36 AM

whats your power supply?
the GTX260 should use 185w the 460 should use 160w,
try to swap power supplies and try
Related resources
August 26, 2011 10:16:44 AM

whats your power supply?
the GTX260 should use 185w the 460 should use 160w,
try to swap power supplies and try
August 26, 2011 11:14:00 AM

Hi
power supply in his computer is a 680W XPower Light ATX, I also tried mine in his comp thinking power issue . Which is a antec 1000watt and this still didn't work. I think it my be possible looking around, the a74ml-h mainboard might not be compatible with the gtx 260 for some reason.
August 26, 2011 6:21:08 PM

AdrianPerry said:
A few things to try:

Make sure the video cable is connected to the right port (connect it to the video card, NOT the onboard video). If your doing this already and still not getting a picture, connect your video cable to the motherboard video output. If you get video output now then its a BIOS change that needs to occur. You need to disable the onboard video, and enable the PCI graphics video.

EDIT: Just re-read your first post and noticed "I did plug in my inno3d 460 gtx and it worked fine in his computer." so the above might not apply

Thanks, and yes, already did that. Just cant way it up lol
!