Opinion on my FIRST build.

Hey guys, so I'm kinda new to this. I've been playing games for years now, but have just been using pre-made computers and finally gathered enough cash to make my own. I've got a limit of around $3k to spend(but still very flexible) on EVERYTHING; components, monitor, mouse etc (I'll be only using 1 Monitor). So after about a week of "researching" I've got my build. I'd like to make this build be able to last for at least 3-4years. I'm a complete noob about running multiply GPU's and Overclocking. Please give me your opinions and let me know if I'm missing anything. Appreciate any help. Thanks

I don't know which motherboard and GPU to pick.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k
MOBO: Asus P8Z68-V Pro Z68
Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws-X F3 8G Kit(4Gx2) DDR3 1600
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1563MB
EVGA GeForce GTX 580SC 1563MB
EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3072MB
SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
Drive: Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW
PSU: Corsair TX750 750W Power Supply
Case: Antec Twelve Hundred v3
29 answers Last reply
More about opinion build
  1. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice <---- copy and paste that on here and then fill it out please so nobody thinks it's a troll post.
  2. No need to go with multiple GPU setup, with one monitor. A good single GPU (at this budget we are talking for atleast 6950 and up) can handle every single game in the market, with ultra settings and absolutely playable frames.


    Also you don't need to spend 3K $. With around 1000-1500$ you will have a great computer, and you can keep the rest for feature upgrades. I will post my build in a min.
  3. michxymi said:
    No need to go with multiple GPU setup, with one monitor. A good single GPU (at this budget we are talking for atleast 6950 and up) can handle every single game in the market, with ultra settings and absolutely playable frames.


    Also you don't need to spend 3K $. With around 1000-1500$ you will have a great computer, and you can keep the rest for feature upgrades. I will post my build in a min.

    Play some BF3 on max settings when it comes out or even Metro and tell us about how many FPS you got on those games with a single 6950.
  4. Why_Me said:
    Play some BF3 on max settings when it comes out or even Metro and tell us about how many FPS you got on those games with a single 6950.


    ~50 FPS at Max Settings AAA/16xAF at 1920x1200 aren't enough for you??
  5. michxymi said:
    ~50 FPS at Max Settings AAA/16xAF at 1920x1200 aren't enough for you??

    Ya I find that pretty amazing seeing how most reviews of that card show it averaging more like 40fps on Metro 2033. Now seeing how they have had more than a few people who beta tested BF3 tell us that you can't max that game out with a single gtx 580 it seems highly unlikely that a single 6950 is going to max it out.

    With the OPs budget, he can afford a 120hz monitor and dual whatever he chooses. If you have that budget, then play everything on max and put that 120hz monitor to use.
  6. Why_Me said:
    Ya I find that pretty amazing seeing how most reviews of that card show it averaging more like 40fps on Metro 2033. Now seeing how they have had more than a few people who beta tested BF3 tell us that you can't max that game out with a single gtx 580 it seems highly unlikely that a single 6950 is going to max it out.

    With the OPs budget, he can afford a 120hz monitor and dual whatever he chooses. If you have that budget, then play everything on max and put that 120hz monitor to use.


    http://www.techspot.com/review/349-amd-radeon-6950/page10.html
  7. I dont think the OP was looking to use multiple cards.

    He said he cant choose which mobo or GPU to go for, so he's listed 3 different GPU's and 2 different Mobos.

    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k
    MOBO: Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws-X F3 8G Kit(4Gx2) DDR3 1600
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1563MB
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
    Drive: Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW
    PSU: Corsair TX750 750W Power Supply
    Case: Antec Twelve Hundred v3

    ^ Is a solid build. Id hardly call it a "mess".

    As "michxymi" did state though, you can build a very good computer that will play games with maxed out settings for alot less than $3k

    Also, Why_Me is right about Metro, Frame Rate from benchmarks ive seen show from about 32-40FPS. Nothing as high as 50 though.
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6950-1gb-vs-geforce-gtx-560-ti-review/13
    http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/amd_hd6970_hd6950_review/8.htm
  8. AdrianPerry said:
    I dont think the OP was looking to use multiple cards.

    He said he cant choose which mobo or GPU to go for, so he's listed 3 different GPU's and 2 different Mobos.

    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k
    MOBO: Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws-X F3 8G Kit(4Gx2) DDR3 1600
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1563MB
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
    Drive: Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW
    PSU: Corsair TX750 750W Power Supply
    Case: Antec Twelve Hundred v3

    ^ Is a solid build. Id hardly call it a "mess".

    As "michxymi" did state though, you can build a very good computer that will play games with maxed out settings for alot less than $3k

    Also, Why_Me is right about Metro, Frame Rate from benchmarks ive seen show from about 32-40FPS. Nothing as high as 50 though.


    If that build can't max out BF3, they should really work with their graphics...
  9. I dont believe i said it wouldn't max about BF3.

    Early news i heard said a 570 was plenty to max it, so even a nicely overclocked 560Ti should have little problem.

    The Deus Ex news here on TOMs showed the difference the CPU is making in newer games, with games being much more CPU intensive. I dont doubt that BF3 will follow the same path.
  10. AdrianPerry said:
    I dont believe i said it wouldn't max about BF3.

    Early news i heard said a 570 was plenty to max it, so even a nicely overclocked 560Ti should have little problem.

    The Deus Ex news here on TOMs showed the difference the CPU is making in newer games, with games being much more CPU intensive. I dont doubt that BF3 will follow the same path.

    A few beta testers here on Toms posted that their single gtx 580 wouldn't max that game out on high settings. Crysis was the same way when it first came out. Peeps had to break the bank to play that game, that's why I skipped it. Any time you have to dump that much money into vid cards just to play a bloody game...well there's other games out there that don't force peeps to go broke just to play it.
  11. AdrianPerry said:
    I dont think the OP was looking to use multiple cards.

    He said he cant choose which mobo or GPU to go for, so he's listed 3 different GPU's and 2 different Mobos.

    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k
    MOBO: Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws-X F3 8G Kit(4Gx2) DDR3 1600
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1563MB
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
    Drive: Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW
    PSU: Corsair TX750 750W Power Supply
    Case: Antec Twelve Hundred v3

    ^ Is a solid build. Id hardly call it a "mess".

    As "michxymi" did state though, you can build a very good computer that will play games with maxed out settings for alot less than $3k

    Also, Why_Me is right about Metro, Frame Rate from benchmarks ive seen show from about 32-40FPS. Nothing as high as 50 though.
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6950-1gb-vs-geforce-gtx-560-ti-review/13
    http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/amd_hd6970_hd6950_review/8.htm

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that expensive board that's meant for dual vid cards...well that 750w psu isn't about to push dual 580's. So the OP either gets another psu, or a single card board.
  12. Why_Me said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that expensive board that's meant for dual vid cards...well that 750w psu isn't about to push dual 580's. So the OP either gets another psu, or a single card board.


    No you're not wrong. But if he goes for dual cards, for me, he has too go with dual monitors too.
  13. Thanks for all your replies. Only reason I've said $3000 was because i need to purchase a monitor, keyboard mouse, etc. aswell. But I do want all my components to have bang for their buck. I'm willing to get a second GPU if it will actually make a difference. As I stated, I'm all new to this.
  14. Why_Me said:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice <---- copy and paste that on here and then fill it out please so nobody thinks it's a troll post.


    Why_Me said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that expensive board that's meant for dual vid cards...well that 750w psu isn't about to push dual 580's. So the OP either gets another psu, or a single card board.


    Oh, I didn't know that board was made for dual vids. I'm willing to spend the extra cash if the 2nd vid card will be worth it. Should I run dual 580's then? Or choose another vid card to use? Also what power supply would you recommend for the changes?
  15. noobonwheels said:
    Oh, I didn't know that board was made for dual vids. I'm willing to spend the extra cash if the 2nd vid card will be worth it. Should I run dual 580's then? Or choose another vid card to use? Also what power supply would you recommend for the changes?

    What country are you in. US, Canada, and Australia all use dollars so if we know what country your in, we can take it from there.
  16. This will be able to maxx out BF3. Just dont spend too much on the processor now, wait for Ivy Bridge.

    Processor : i3 2100
    MOBO: Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws-X F3 8G Kit(4Gx2) DDR3 1600
    GPU: 2 x XFX HD-695X-ZNFC Radeon HD 6950 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
    PSU: Corsair AX750 850W Power Supply
    Case: Antec Twelve Hundred v3

    Get a Ivy Bridge processor next year if you find i3 weak in general tasks. (Its quite a nice gaming processor)
  17. Why_Me said:
    What country are you in. US, Canada, and Australia all use dollars so if we know what country your in, we can take it from there.


    I'm from Australia.
  18. noobonwheels said:
    I'm from Australia.


    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_226&products_id=16143 $157.00
    Antec High Current Gamer 900W Power Supply HCG-900

    PCI-E 3.0 boards down below.

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_711_1183&products_id=18137 $149.00
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_711_1183&products_id=18041 $209.00
    ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Motherboard

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_711_1183&products_id=18136 $319.00
    ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 Motherboard

    http://www.asrock.com/mb/index.asp?s=1155 <---- the boards that say Gen3 have the PCI-E 3.0 slots

    With your budget, and dual gtx 580's, anything less than this monitor down below would be a bloody shame imo.

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=558_1210&products_id=18232 $399.00
    Samsung S23A750 23in 120Hz 3D Widescreen LED Monitor
  19. ^^
    Nice MoBo s.
    Perfect for Ivy Bridge.
  20. Why_Me said:
    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_226&products_id=16143 $157.00
    Antec High Current Gamer 900W Power Supply HCG-900

    PCI-E 3.0 boards down below.

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_711_1183&products_id=18137 $149.00
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_711_1183&products_id=18041 $209.00
    ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Motherboard

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_711_1183&products_id=18136 $319.00
    ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 Motherboard

    http://www.asrock.com/mb/index.asp?s=1155 <---- the boards that say Gen3 have the PCI-E 3.0 slots

    With your budget, and dual gtx 580's, anything less than this monitor down below would be a bloody shame imo.

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=558_1210&products_id=18232 $399.00
    Samsung S23A750 23in 120Hz 3D Widescreen LED Monitor


    You're a great help. I think I'll go with the AsRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3, it got a good review when compared to the Asus P8Z68-V Pro.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asrock-z68-extreme4-asus-p8z68-v-pro-gigabyte-z68x-ud3h-b3,2939.html

    That screen looks amazing. I had no idea on how to choose the correct monitor, thank you so much. What PSU should I get now with the changes?
  21. noobonwheels said:
    You're a great help. I think I'll go with the AsRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3, it got a good review when compared to the Asus P8Z68-V Pro.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asrock-z68-extreme4-asus-p8z68-v-pro-gigabyte-z68x-ud3h-b3,2939.html

    That screen looks amazing. I had no idea on how to choose the correct monitor, thank you so much. What PSU should I get now with the changes?

    That Antec 900w psu I linked up above will work just fine. Also if your looking to save a few dollars, that Asrock extreme3 gen3 up above just came out a few days ago, and it's a winner.
  22. While your at it, grab this down below. I know it gets hot in Oz, so even if you don't plan on over clocking, it will save some wear and tear on that cpu.

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_23_845&products_id=12544 $33.00
    CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler
  23. Why_Me said:
    That Antec 900w psu I linked up above will work just fine. Also if your looking to save a few dollars, that Asrock extreme3 gen3 up above just came out a few days ago, and it's a winner.


    Oh, didn't click the first link. What dual GPU's do you think I should run? Stick with 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1563MB or 2x Radeon HD 6950 1GB. I'm looking for performance, but there's no point wasting money for miniscule improvements
  24. noobonwheels said:
    Oh, didn't click the first link. What dual GPU's do you think I should run? Stick with 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1563MB or 2x Radeon HD 6950 1GB. I'm looking for performance, but there's no point wasting money for miniscule improvements


    Two 6970 2GB
  25. noobonwheels said:
    Oh, didn't click the first link. What dual GPU's do you think I should run? Stick with 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1563MB or 2x Radeon HD 6950 1GB. I'm looking for performance, but there's no point wasting money for miniscule improvements

    tbh, I would go with dual 560ti's at that resolution and here's why. Those cards in SLI @ 1920 x 1080 eat up games. No other card on the market atm o/c's like those cards, not to mention AMD and Nvidia both have the new generation cards coming out right around the corner. You never know when your going to get a wild hair up your arse and want those cards, so I wouldn't dump a bunch of money into vid cards now when two of those in SLI will max your games and for cheap. This is how I would do that build minus that case. Just stick whatever case you had in mind to this build.


    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_995&products_id=15350 $145.00
    Silverstone Strider Plus 750W ST75F-P 80 PLUS Silver 100% modular

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_711_1183&products_id=18137 $149.00
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=187_346_1184&products_id=16531 $219.00
    Intel Core i5 2500K

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_23_845&products_id=12544 $33.00
    CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=186_912&products_id=16510 $65.00
    G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL (2x4GB) DDR3

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=210_902_1247&products_id=17685 $279.00
    Crucial M4 SSD 128GB

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=210_344&products_id=12711 $69.00
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB HD103SJ

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=658_667&products_id=16272 $35.00
    ASUS DRW-24B3LT 24X DVDRW LightScribe

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1193&products_id=16652 $259.00
    ASUS GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II Overclocked 1GB

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1193&products_id=16652 $259.00
    ASUS GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II Overclocked 1GB

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=375_974&products_id=17003 $105.00
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 OEM

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=558_1210&products_id=18232 $399.00
    Samsung S23A750 23in 120Hz 3D Widescreen LED Monitor

    Total: $2,016.00

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_1173&products_id=16758 $75.00
    Corsair Gaming Audio Series HS1A Gaming Headset

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=113_1001&products_id=13946 $39.00
    Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=258_697_701&products_id=12745 $65.00
    Logitech G500 Laser Gaming Mouse
  26. Why_Me said:
    tbh, I would go with dual 560ti's at that resolution and here's why. Those cards in SLI @ 1920 x 1080 eat up games. No other card on the market atm o/c's like those cards, not to mention AMD and Nvidia both have the new generation cards coming out right around the corner. You never know when your going to get a wild hair up your arse and want those cards, so I wouldn't dump a bunch of money into vid cards now when two of those in SLI will max your games and for cheap. This is how I would do that build minus that case. Just stick whatever case you had in mind to this build.


    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_995&products_id=15350 $145.00
    Silverstone Strider Plus 750W ST75F-P 80 PLUS Silver 100% modular

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_711_1183&products_id=18137 $149.00
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=187_346_1184&products_id=16531 $219.00
    Intel Core i5 2500K

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_23_845&products_id=12544 $33.00
    CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=186_912&products_id=16510 $65.00
    G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL (2x4GB) DDR3

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=210_902_1247&products_id=17685 $279.00
    Crucial M4 SSD 128GB

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=210_344&products_id=12711 $69.00
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB HD103SJ

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=658_667&products_id=16272 $35.00
    ASUS DRW-24B3LT 24X DVDRW LightScribe

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1193&products_id=16652 $259.00
    ASUS GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II Overclocked 1GB

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1193&products_id=16652 $259.00
    ASUS GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II Overclocked 1GB

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=375_974&products_id=17003 $105.00
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 OEM

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=558_1210&products_id=18232 $399.00
    Samsung S23A750 23in 120Hz 3D Widescreen LED Monitor

    Total: $2,016.00

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_1173&products_id=16758 $75.00
    Corsair Gaming Audio Series HS1A Gaming Headset

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=113_1001&products_id=13946 $39.00
    Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=258_697_701&products_id=12745 $65.00
    Logitech G500 Laser Gaming Mouse


    Thanks! Appreciate your information! I didn't know Nvidia and AMD were going to release new cards. Guess ill just run with this build until the new cards and cpu's are released. Just two questions left:
    1. Is it easy to overclock? Can I just read something online to walk me through it?
    2. If I upgrade my GPU's in the future, is it wise to run 2 different GPU's in SLI?

    Thanks again
  27. noobonwheels said:
    Thanks! Appreciate your information! I didn't know Nvidia and AMD were going to release new cards. Guess ill just run with this build until the new cards and cpu's are released. Just two questions left:
    1. Is it easy to overclock? Can I just read something online to walk me through it?
    2. If I upgrade my GPU's in the future, is it wise to run 2 different GPU's in SLI?

    Thanks again

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-geforce-stutter-crossfire,2995-15.html <--- I just read that earlier today. According to the benchmarks it makes a sizable differernce between the more expensive boards with the NF200 bridge (dual cards @ x16) and the cheaper boards like the one I linked up above that run dual cards @ x8...most all the boards run dual cards @ x8 including mine. :(

    Here's one of those NF200 boards down below. There aren't many of those boards out and they cost a small fortune yet they come with everything. This board just came out and it has the new PCI-E 3.0 vid card slots. I want one.

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_711_1183&products_id=18136 $319.00
    ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 Motherboard

    http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Z68%20Extreme7%20Gen3 <---- A better look at that board

    If you want to go with a single vid card for now until those new cards come out after the first of the year...or maybe even this Spring then maybe a single stronger card for now like a gtx 580. Then when those cards come out, sale that 580. Also those new generation cards are supposed to use less power, but I'l believe it when I see it. They say that with every new generation of cards that comes out, yet they always seem to be power hungry.

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1170&products_id=16871 $549.00
    ASUS GeForce GTX 580 DirectCU II

    For a psu to push two of those cards later on...even though your getting the new generation cards ...well either one of these psu's will do the trick and leave you plenty of juice left over.

    This first one is non modular hence the reason it's not as expensive as the modular psu's in it's class. This psu has gotten great reviews across the net.

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_226&products_id=16143 $157.00
    Antec High Current Gamer 900W Power Supply HCG-900

    This one is modular, and it's top of the line also and it shows in the price. It's cheaper than the Corsairs in it's class yet has received better reviews than the Corsairs.

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_290&products_id=15598 $249.00
    Enermax Revolution85+ 1020W SLI

    As far as over clocking with these socket 1155 boards...it's a piece of cake. Especially with the Asrock and Asus boards seeing how they have the new UEFI bios interface. All you do is log in, click a few buttons, check your temps and your off to the races. It's almost too easy these days. Now anyone can over clock without having to be a computer geek. There's a step by step guide up top on this board for over clocking with these boards.

    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?273907-**Official**-Asrock-Z68-Gen3-Extreme7-amp-Extreme4-thread <--- great thread on these new Gen3 boards...that board in this post is the first board on there with pics. It's a beauty.

    http://forums.ocworkbench.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72 <---- another very good forum for that board....any Asrock board for that matter.

    And with the SLI...I always stick the the same exact cards down to the model number. That way there's no hassle with conflicting cards.
  28. i hope this helps...

    cpu: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=187_346_1184&products_id=16531
    core i5 2500k - $219.99

    mobo: http:http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_711_1183&products_id=18137
    asrock z69 extreme3 gen3 - $149.00

    ram: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=186_218_1125&products_id=16437
    corsair vengeance 8gb CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 - $72.00

    power supply: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_305&products_id=17426
    OCZ Technology ZX Series 1000W - $219.00

    casing: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_1081&products_id=17340
    Thermaltake Black Chaser MK-I Full Tower - $175.00

    case side panel fan: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_601&products_id=11185
    CoolerMaster MegaFlow 200 Blue - $35.00

    graphic card: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1170&products_id=16310
    Leadtek GeForce GTX 580 1536MB - $492.00

    or

    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1177&products_id=17531
    msi gtx 570 power edition twin frozr iii - $399.00

    hdd: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=210_344&products_id=12711
    samsung spinpoint f3 1tb - $69.00

    ssd: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=210_902_903&products_id=17030
    ocz vertex 3 240gb - $539.00

    cpu cooler: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_23_845&products_id=14111
    thermaltake frio - $75.00

    optical drive: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=658_667&products_id=17078
    LG GH22NS70 22x SATA DVD-RW Drive OEM - $32.00

    total: $1983.99(gtx 570)
    $2076.99(gtx 580)


    if you never going to do sli/crossfire in the future you can get 750 watts psu for single graphics card to be safe...
    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_226&products_id=11005

    for right now it seems that gtx 570 has better value for money... and it should runs any game without problem... but if you really won't upgrade in 3 years time you should get the single fastest gpu possible gtx 580...
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems