Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a CPU to play skyrim

Last response: in CPUs
November 25, 2011 8:12:21 PM

Right now my cpu is -> Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6320 @ 1.86GHz
My cpu speed is -> 1.9 GHz
My motherboard is -> ASUS P5L-MX Motherboard.

Any good suggestions for a cpu that can fit my motherboard and is in a decent price range? Thank you :) 

More about : cpu play skyrim

a c 141 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 25, 2011 9:16:50 PM

go to asus's website, input your motherboard model#, and look thru the cpu support list. Next you open google to find prices on the cpu that fits your needs as well as your budget.

What video card are you running Skyrim on? Thats probably someting that needs to be addressed too.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 26, 2011 12:40:41 AM

Oh boy. Tell you what, how about you list all specs on your computer. Such as RAM, PSU, etc... Because I'm getting the feeling you'll need to upgrade a few more things before we're done...
m
l
November 26, 2011 12:48:25 AM

phyco126 said:
Oh boy. Tell you what, how about you list all specs on your computer. Such as RAM, PSU, etc... Because I'm getting the feeling you'll need to upgrade a few more things before we're done...

I think I will be fine for ram as I am looking to upgrade it to 4gb.

My power supply is pretty weak I think...its a Apevia Switching Power supply

So I am guessing I will have to upgrade the following things:

Ram
PSU
CPU

But do I have to upgrade my graphic cards? I mean if I don't upgrade it will it be impossible to play skyrim or something? I don't mind playing it in lower graphics tbh =/
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 26, 2011 1:00:47 AM

Well, i did some digging and running Skyrim on that GPU is insane. You'll have to play at the lowest possible resolution just to get 20 to 30 FPS in it. If its in your budget, this is what I would do.

Pick up a E6600. Of course, you'll probably have to buy it used off ebay or something.
Pick up a 500 Watt (or higher) PSU
Pick up a 560 Ti GPU.

It won't be cheap, you'll be looking at several hundred dollars. Maybe another member here has a better idea, or a cheaper and more suitable GPU for you?

m
l
a b à CPUs
November 26, 2011 1:37:25 AM

You will need to upgrade...I run skyrim fine (25-30 fps) on a single 5450, at low/medium at 1366*720. I would reccomend going up to either a 6450 or 5570; the 6450 should be ~20 or 30 after rebate, so not a big deal, but you would also need to spend $ on a cpu and expensive DDR2 Ram.

Your cheapest solution is prob to get a llanno A4-3300, a motherboard, and some DDR3. This would end up under $150 assuming that your drives are SATA and your PSU has the necesary connections.
m
l
!