Air Cooling Problems for AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Cooling
  • Celsius
Last response: in CPUs
November 25, 2011 8:23:47 PM

Hi,

I recently completed building my PC with the above CPU and installed an Arctic Freezer 7 Pro. The average temperatures I'm getting when idling are about 40-50 Celsius. Is this too high?

I'm currently thinking about re-applying the thermal paste and reinstalling the fan because the temperatures seem way too high especially when running games it can sometimes go up to 70 Celsius.

Or should I get a totally different cooling system, bearing in mind that I would like to keep it as air cooling, if so, what would you have in mind?

Thanks a lot,

thesneakyone96

More about : air cooling problems amd phenom 1090t black

November 25, 2011 8:27:43 PM

also, I have a AM3+ socket mobo
a b à CPUs
November 25, 2011 8:35:17 PM

thesneakyone96 said:
Hi,

I recently completed building my PC with the above CPU and installed an Arctic Freezer 7 Pro. The average temperatures I'm getting when idling are about 40-50 Celsius. Is this too high?

I'm currently thinking about re-applying the thermal paste and reinstalling the fan because the temperatures seem way too high especially when running games it can sometimes go up to 70 Celsius.

Or should I get a totally different cooling system, bearing in mind that I would like to keep it as air cooling, if so, what would you have in mind?

Thanks a lot,

thesneakyone96

I run an 1100t and a 1090 , both run at 28-32 idle 52-56 @100% running WCG on all cores for 24 hours with the stock cooler . Yes your temps are wy high 70 will cook the cpu , 62 is recommended high for1090 . Try re installing again . if temps still high that cooler is not enough get something else
a c 326 à CPUs
November 25, 2011 9:09:28 PM

Yes thats too high.