Sign in with
Your question

Mobo Blue Scrren after windows Logo.. PLEASE HELP!

Tags:
  • Gigabyte
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
August 30, 2012 11:55:09 AM

Hey All!

This is the rig:

Gigabyte X58 UD3r Rev 2.0 Mobo
i7-950 (stock clocking) 3.06ghz
8gb Gskill Ripjaws 1333mhz
EVGA 660Ti GPU
750 Watt PSU
1TB HDD (file storage
1 120gb OCZ Agility 3 SSD for OS and some games

After running fine for a week. I began to play Guildwars 2. After playing for the first time. I Shut down and when i powered up again i get the blue screen of death at the windows logo screen (just after this). Starting in safe mode with the graphics driver off allows the computer to start and power on and this i believe it could be the gpu problem. An incompatibility perhaps? Another theory is that the BIOS of the mobo is too old. Doing a bios update wouldn't hurt would it?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you everyone! feel free to ask questions

More about : mobo blue scrren windows logo

a b V Motherboard
August 30, 2012 6:58:54 PM

Did you update your graphic driver before the blue screen appear?

If it is, then try to roll back to previous driver or uninstall and reinstall the old driver from safe mode.
m
l
August 30, 2012 7:05:58 PM

Yeah...typically blue screens dont just happen out of the well...blue. What did you do right before the shutdown? A windows update? GPU update?
m
l
Related resources
August 30, 2012 10:36:51 PM

I thought the same thing. So i started in safe mode and removed the 305.XX (for the 660 this is most current) driver. when i did this, i was able to get past the blue screen but obviously, i had no graphics driver. Thinking it may be the driver, rolled back to legacy drivers 296 and 285 nvidia drivers and all have the same problem.

Could CPU heat do this? and also, a much more annoying theory is, has the motherboard simply given up on life?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 31, 2012 4:48:35 AM

Cpu overheating will not cause BSOD but shutdown the system. Check cpu temp with core-temp software and post it here. And what does BSOD reports?

Did you change anything in your system before bsod?
m
l
September 3, 2012 12:44:46 AM

CPU Core temp 78 degrees Celsius (on boot)

Gigabyte X58 UD3r Rev 2.0 Mobo
i7-950 (stock clocking) 3.06ghz
6gb Gskill Ripjaws 1600mhz (tri Channel)
Gigaybte 560ti SOC
750 Watt PSU
1TB HDD (file storage and OS)

This was the original build the changes made are below:

8gb Gskill Ripjaws 1333mhz (dual Chanell)
1 120gb OCZ Agility 3 SSD
EVGA 660Ti GPU

m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 3, 2012 6:18:47 AM

Temp is pretty high @ stock clock. You should clean your cpu fan or can spend on good low price aftermarket cpu cooler.

Try remove and re-install your gfx card.
m
l
!