Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 problems unable to connect to internet

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 25, 2011 5:45:57 PM

ok i havent had this problem before and i am angry :fou:  so please help me

iv had windows 7 on my computer is my gaming computer i connect it wirelessly to the router downstairs
the power went out because the stge guy changed the meter
Now my computer detects the network but will not connect. iv turned off all firewalls iv scanned for viruses but it keeps asking for network key if i put it in it just says windows cannot connect WTF please help i am kinda computer savy but like street smart if you help me i will be happy
also if you want to critisise this then please just dont i am sorry im an apparent idiot and cant spell and have awful grammer. im pleading for help

i have windows 7 with amg duel core or somthing
a b $ Windows 7
January 25, 2011 7:44:06 PM

Might be far fetched but did you check the password key on the router? I ran into a router that resets the password when turned off for a certain amount of time.
m
l
Related resources
January 25, 2011 8:10:07 PM

yes i even changed the password but when i put it in it accepts it then says windows cannot connect. My eithernet wont even give a connection it takes it to the second step but wont let me have internet acess
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
January 25, 2011 8:11:49 PM

Maybe you misunderstood Emerald's question -- he's asking if you checked the password in the router.

See my earlier post for how.

Also check TCP/IP Properties.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.
m
l
January 25, 2011 8:19:01 PM

when i press start i do not see a connect to it says
my name
documents
pictures
music
games
control panel
devices and printers
defualt programs
help & support on the rigght side
m
l
January 25, 2011 8:21:25 PM

i am sorry i am such a idiot lol
m
l
January 25, 2011 8:34:57 PM

well now my computer wont come on so whatever lol
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
January 26, 2011 1:26:34 AM

Once you get your computer working, go into Control Panel and Network Connections and run the Networking Wizard.
m
l
!