System restarts again and again

khawaja007

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Hello,

I have Intel DG33FB motherboard with Intel E 6650 Processor. Yesterday i was reinstalling Windows 8 Enterprise 64 bit on my machine due to activation problem but after getting installed my system is restarting again and again even i unplugged hard drive, CD Rom and tried to access the BIOS setup but the BIOS setup screen comes for hardly 30 secs and again restarts.
Anyone knows whether it is a power supply issue or Motherboard malfunctioning ???

Solution
Could be anything. Be sure the CPU heat sink fully seated and CPU fan is OK. Move the MB to power supply cable to side. Try clearing the CMOS jumper. Keep swapping parts until fixed. Start with new power supply. Move the RAM around or try one stick. Motherboards do go bad and they are not that expensive.

Kent_Diego

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2003
Could be anything. Be sure the CPU heat sink fully seated and CPU fan is OK. Move the MB to power supply cable to side. Try clearing the CMOS jumper. Keep swapping parts until fixed. Start with new power supply. Move the RAM around or try one stick. Motherboards do go bad and they are not that expensive.

Solution