3D Video Card Collection (1st, 2nd,3rd, etc gen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quadzilla

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2005
Hi all,

I was building a collection (a museum of my own of sorts) of 3D video cards. The family events and lack of funds are preventing me from completing my collection. I've got a lot of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc video cards. In a couple of cases, I have 2 of the same card. Most of you that have been around a while know that most of these cards sold for $175 to $400 new. If you do some quick math and say each card was originally purchased at an average of $250 per card and multiply that times 13 cards you get $3250!!!!! Specifics are listed below:

1 - PowerVR Series 3 Kyro 3D - 32 meg ram (I believe)

1 - Nvidia Riva 128 - 4 meg ram

2 - Nvidia GForce - (32 meg ram each)

1 - S3 3D Virge - ? meg ram

1 - Rendition Verite V1000 (by Intergraph) - 4 meg ram (rare)

1 - 3DFX - Voodoo 1 - (rare canopus 6 meg version vs most with 4 meg)

2 - 3DFX Voodoo 2's - (12 meg each vs the lower end 8 meg versions and you needed two of them installed in the same computer at once to run 3DFX's famous SLI mode!)

1 - Voodoo Banshee (Diamond) - 16 meg ram

1 - Voodoo 3 3500 TV AGP (with tuner, cables, breakout box) - 16 meg ram

1 - Voodoo 5500 (2- GPU's on one card!) - 64 meg ram

1 - ATI Rage 3D - 4 meg ram?

The Voodoo 1, Rendition Verite and S3 Virge are all 1st version cards (the first 3 avail I believe). Iam the orginal owner of the Rendition V1000, Voodoo 1, one of the Voodoo 2's, Banshee and Riva 128 (bought them when they first came out years ago). I bought the rest of these cards individually. I bought them all as working cards (that's what the different owners told me). So as far as I know, all of these are work well but I have not tested all of them (some I have in the past). Make me a resonable offer for all these beauties. Go here for a pic --> http://i23.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/52/79/be_12_sb.JPG

I'm also selling them on Ebay but will gladly end the auction early for a fellow forum reader.

Quadzilla

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2005
You don't have to. That's the beauty of it. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Check around, there are people (like me) who have a love of 3D cards and tracking the history on them. Heck, many sites (firingsquad.com, etc) have done many articles on the history of 3D cards. Hey, I like the color blue, you may like pink, but don't slam me for it!

RichPLS

Champion
Hey, I like "pink"! Specially when it wrapped around me...

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Auburn9698

Champion
You've been spray-painting PF's ass again, huh? That's gross.

<font color=blue>War</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Eagle</font color=orange> 13-0!
"That was just instinct. Kind of like running from the cops." -- Marquis Weeks, TB, U. of Virginia

Auburn9698

Champion
Git R Done!

<font color=blue>War</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Eagle</font color=orange> 13-0!
"That was just instinct. Kind of like running from the cops." -- Marquis Weeks, TB, U. of Virginia

Auburn9698

Champion
Oh, yeah. Yup. Uh-huh. We'll go with that.

Auburn9698

Champion
Not that lucky. On one now.

*Slams a fresh clip home*
*Pulls and releases slide*
*Holds against temple*

Auburn9698

Champion
SOMEbody's working from "an alternate location" today. Their kid's screaming bloody murder in the background.

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
I have no idea how your weak interpretation of an insult is going to improve the minimal chance of you seeling that crap, but hey, whatever floats your boat dude :D

:cool: I run my AthlonXfx at 7.65 Exahertz :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.