Sign in with
Your question

Http://192 168 11 1 i have a buffalo G54 can i do anything to this router tha

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 25, 2011 5:05:30 PM

i have a buffalo 54 wireless router in an apt complex. one of our tenants illegally downloaded a movie.
anything i can do on this router to prevent downloads or limit download minutes?
January 25, 2011 5:33:40 PM

is it a community access point for the apt complex, or is it you internet connection that he is tapping into?

how do you know that he illegally downloaded a movie?
m
l
January 25, 2011 6:51:40 PM

Quote:
is it a community access point for the apt complex, or is it you internet connection that he is tapping into?

how do you know that he illegally downloaded a movie?

thnx for replying. we have cable company modem as that where get our internet. we then connect to Buffalo
G54 which then connects to external antennas on roof. we got a nasty letter from our cable company
telling us the name of the illegal download movie and the day and time. thus far we offer this wireless
sygnal without locking and requiring password
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
January 25, 2011 7:28:57 PM

If it's wireless it is possible it spreads beyond the property so it's even harder to say who downloaded the movie. Probably best to apply wireless security and change the password occasionally. If you inform tenants of the password, most should not have much trouble connecting and you could at the same time warn them off downloading copyright material.
m
l
Anonymous
January 25, 2011 7:31:13 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Networking to section Wireless Networking by Fihart
m
l
!