Bios fixed 6950

pihvi

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Hello, does anyone have proof that theres a bios fix which will help fixing the flashed 6950/70 cards to work on z77 motherboards?
I have asrock z77 pro3 motherboard and it wont boot to windows with my flashed 6950 card, it doesnt even give me anything on the screen, just plays 5 long beeps meaning it doesnt recognize the graphics card.
I placed my older graphics card, Radeon HD 4850 on it and it boots with no problem.
6950 card also worked on another computer..
SO, is there really a bios fix which will help with this graphics card, i've heard rumours that there is.. Any experiences?

killless

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
My 6870 does not work on pro3 either. Reading Newegg reviews I see that lots of graphic cards do not work on Z77. Why???

I bought Z77 AsRock Pro3. It has Z77 chipset with PCIe 3.
The board would POST only if I set PCIe2 to "Gen 1" and with any minimal overclock I had to change CPU voltage (lower it or increase it either one worked).
However AMD catalyst drivers would not recognize 6870 or claim that 6870 is not working right when PCIe2 is "Gen 1".

I build my own computers since AMD 40MHz. Never saw such incompatibility before.

I looked over newegg reviews for many Z77 based motherboards (up to $150).
Eventually someone would write about same kind of problem their graphic card (PCI2 based). Usually motherboard would not POST or is not recognized in Windows.
It is not 6870 that has a problem - lots of other fairly new graphic cards are incompatible too.
Some people tried 3 motherboards already.

Do you have working 6870 in Z77 motherboard? What motherboard is it?