Sign in with
Your question

Building a computer and may have problems with my Motherboard.

Last response: in Motherboards
August 30, 2012 11:20:44 PM

Ok,
Building a computer and may have problems with my Motherboard.
When I boot up my PC I have a red light Flash on the VGA, BIOS, CPU, and DRAM. It only flashes once and after it completes this rotation my computer reboots itself into an "Almost" endless cycle. It sometimes will eventually boot up and I have managed to install Win7 OS on my machine and once its going, its going until I shutdown. Now I have noticed that If I have DIMM an any other DIMM slot other than A1 and B1 my DRAM light will stay on, pressing MEMOK! will not work, and the PC will not Boot. This Also happens when I install my graphics card into the CPU. Any ideas?

Asus P8z77-v
Corsair XMS3 4g Ram DIMM sticks
700 Watt Corsair Power Supply
An old GTS 450 Galaxy Video card.
Intel I7 2600k 3.4G 8M R
August 31, 2012 12:05:55 AM

You need to make sure that your bios is showing the correct memory clock speeds. You did not provide enough information about the memory to research it. If you memory is suppose to run, for example, 9-9-9-24, and the bios has it clocked different, it will cause stability issues.
August 31, 2012 12:38:14 AM

katanadude said:
You need to make sure that your bios is showing the correct memory clock speeds. You did not provide enough information about the memory to research it. If you memory is suppose to run, for example, 9-9-9-24, and the bios has it clocked different, it will cause stability issues.

The memory says to run at 9-9-9-24, 1600MHz, 1.65V. The motherboard can old up to 1.65v. have set the Bios to 9-9-9-24 and set voltage to auto, but have had no luck. Sorry for lack of information :\.

!