Aug 30, 2012
I just bought and put together this:

Intel i5- 3570k Ivy- Bridge Processor
Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 Motherboard
16GB(4x4GB) G-skill DDR3 - 2133 Memory
MSI GTX660 Ti 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card x 2
Western Digital Caviar Black 7200RPM 1TB Hard Drive
Corsair HX|850w PSU

The problem is that whenever i go to start it up it powers on and flashes 19 on the Dr Debug which says...

"Pre Memory Initialization South Bride is Started"

There have been times when i have been able to get it to boot and stay on however there is nothing displaying on the screen when this happens. I've tried different connections and even different monitors but still get the same effect. I know I need to update the bios for it to support Ivy-Bridge and PCI 3.0 but I cant see anything.

Whats wrong with it?
Is there anyway to update the bios without display or is an RMA necessary?

Could be the memory, try with only stick and see what happens. If no go, try with another and so on till you have tried them all 1 at a time. If you see nothing on the screen, then its not even starting POST, so its not booting.

Unfortunately, no. You'll have to either get a supported cpu to boot with and do the BIOS update, or send it in and have Asrock do the BIOS update.

Krazze

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
So ive tried all the sticks and it gets to consistent power and displays 55 which is
"Memory not installed." I've checked on the website and the exact model of ram I have isn't supported but very similar ram is.

Do you think its the ram or the fact that I have the Ivy-Bridge processor and PCI 3.0 Graphics cards.