Solved

Which mobo for 3570k

Hello everyone,


I know you have most likely seen these threads many times, but I searched and couldn't find any comparing these. I will be upgrading my CPU to a 3570k this weekend and I am having trouble deciding which mobo to get. I will be overclocking the 3570k, I have a 670 and will be getting a second for SLI in the next few weeks. With that said, I have only ever used ASUS, and have never had a bad experience so these are the ones I am looking at.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131821


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131830


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131854


Any thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated. I am leaning towards the saber-tooth (honestly just because it would look good in the C70 case) but if anyone has a reason why I should get one of the others over it, or has a better one to recommend please let me know.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which mobo 3570k
  1. I recently purchased the Sabertooth and although I still haven't received it (never use ground Purolator if you live in the eastern half of Canada) everything I've read and seen about it is that as long as you get a working board, it's a great piece of hardware.
  2. If you can go for the Formula, go for it! There's NOTHING better than it (Except the Extreme, which is of no use for 80% of the population - it's just for overclocking and benchmarks).

    The formula is the best motherboard (Extreme & Formula are 99% the same) I've ever tested. It has the best audio and performance. You seriously don't need anything else. It's the best you can get :)
  3. christopherseal said:
    I recently purchased the Sabertooth and although I still haven't received it (never use ground Purolator if you live in the eastern half of Canada) everything I've read and seen about it is that as long as you get a working board, it's a great piece of hardware.


    Hello christopherseal,

    I’m really sorry if we disappointed you. If there’s anything you would like us to follow up on, please feel free to send me the details at customer.care@purolator.com. With the tracking number , I could also provide you the transit time.

    Best regards,

    Catherine Côté
    Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team
    Purolator Inc.www.Purolator.com
    E-mail / Courriel: customer.care@purolator.com
    Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp
  4. ASUS Maximus V FORMULA eats those other two choices for breakfast!Seriously once you own one you'll realize what you been missing you'll be like http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9932/realsanta.jpg

    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  5. bigcyco1 said:
    ASUS Maximus V FORMULA eats those other two choices for breakfast!Seriously once you own one you'll realize what you been missing you'll be like http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9932/realsanta.jpg

    Uploaded with ImageShack.us



    Yeah, but as I am reading more into them, there are a lot of features I would be paying for that I won't use. I just need a decent board for OC'ing to 4.0-4.4 max, USB 3.0 and PCI 3.0 with SLI support. I am now leaning towards this one.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131819


    Its 50 dollars off if I purchase it with the 3570k (every z77 board is at microcenter) and they do not have either the formula (they dont carry it) or sabertooth (out of stock). So I can get this one for 160 and put the money I save towards an SSD. I know its not fancy like the one you have, but I honestly will never use half the features it has lol. so what is your honest opinion given what I am wanting to do?
  6. Best answer
    raithos said:
    Yeah, but as I am reading more into them, there are a lot of features I would be paying for that I won't use. I just need a decent board for OC'ing to 4.0-4.4 max, USB 3.0 and PCI 3.0 with SLI support. I am now leaning towards this one.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131819


    Its 50 dollars off if I purchase it with the 3570k (every z77 board is at microcenter) and they do not have either the formula (they dont carry it) or sabertooth (out of stock). So I can get this one for 160 and put the money I save towards an SSD. I know its not fancy like the one you have, but I honestly will never use half the features it has lol. so what is your honest opinion given what I am wanting to do?
    Get the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO mobo
    my cousin has it i have used it for a few days when i watched his house for him while he was traveling i like it and think it will fit your needs well :)
  7. bigcyco1 said:
    Get the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO mobo
    my cousin has it i have used it for a few days when i watched his house for him while he was traveling i like it and think it will fit your needs well :)



    Yeah that is the same one I linked you too lol. That is the one I am going to get. just watched a few videos and read several reviews. It does what I need, so on my way I go! thanks bro
  8. Best answer selected by raithos.
  9. raithos said:
    Yeah that is the same one I linked you too lol. That is the one I am going to get. just watched a few videos and read several reviews. It does what I need, so on my way I go! thanks bro
    Your very welcome enjoy bro ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Product