[Solved]Can't boot past BIOS screen

Badger6

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
Hello everyone. I'm having a problem booting past the Gigabyte BIOS screen. I did a format of both my SSD and HDD, and afterwards did a clean installation of Windows 7 on my SSD, leaving my HDD blank, and it is still blank. I booted successfully into Windows and started performing Windows updates. I then popped in the Gigabyte driver installation CD and installed stuff that I've installed before, a few of which pertained to the BIOS. After that I installed the latest Nvidia driver for my Geforce GT 640. Then I restarted.
After restarting, I noticed that the computer would not boot past the BIOS screen. I can't do anything here, no buttons on the keyboard would work (note that I've trying using both PS/2 and USB). This had happened before, so I did what I did last time; reseated the battery and RAM sticks. That didn't work. Now I'm at a loss, and I'm hoping you guys can assist me.

Here's the build:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3570 Processor (4x 3.40GHz/6MB L3 Cache)
Memory: 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 - 2GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H -- 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16, 4x USB 3.0
Power Supply: 600 Watt - Standard
Primary Hard Drive: 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
Data Hard Drive: 60 GB Kingston V+200 SSD - Single Drive
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Badger6

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
Right now I'm trying to leave the cmos out of the socket over night to completely discharge it. Unplugged the power and hit the power button to discharge the system. Hopefully it will work in the morning. I also removed my graphics card because it was giving problems in the past and, well, there's a chance it may be the problem.

Badger6

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
I was able to fix this problem by unplugging my external hard drive and jumping the CMOS reset. Now I have a new problem, but I'll post that in the appropriate Windows 7 boards...

EDIT: Nevermind, new "problem" is fixed, just made a silly mistake is all. :kaola: