Make a high end gaming rig 1500-2000 $

metro_2020

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
hi there i am going to buy the component of a high end gaming rig but i have lot of confusion for every part of my future rig so i really like a lot of suggestion about every thing . . . .

well i put a sample or model only purpose for start discussion
one more thing i specified that i am from india things you suggest can't be available here so please give me some options too.

monitor - ASUS VK278Q 27" LED built in webcam ( OPTIONAL )

CPU - please suggest ( AMD\INTEL)

RAM - CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR3 1600 MHZ 8 GB ( OPTIONAL )

MOTHER BOARD - DEPEND ON CPU

GPU - NVIDIA GTX-580 (OPTIONAL)

PSU - CORSAIR HX 1000 WATT /850 WATT (OPTIONAL)

SSD - INTEL 80 GB ( OPTIONAL )

HARD DISK - WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIER BLACK 1 TB ()

Personally i think that monitor is a bit pricey but it's personal preference really. With the rest of the build i need to know a few more things before i can suggest anything. For example:

1) Do you want to overclock at some point?
2) Do you want to SLI/Crossfire at some point?
3) Do you want to use a multi monitor setup at some point?
4) Do you have a preference for any particular brands?
5) Is quietness preferable?
6) Do you like 'gamer' style cases with the lights and pointy edges or something more sleek?
7) Any other preferences?

Alternatively you could fill in the new build guide form that is in a sticky at the top of the homebuilt systems forum and i would be happy to help.

metro_2020

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
overclock - i think this time when my rig is brand new i don't need to overclock but may be later about after 1\2 years i need to do it.

SLI/Crossfire - i think 1 gtx-580 is enough for 1900*1200 later sli or crossfire not this time

multi monitor setup - i don't think so a huge is enough

preference for any particular brands - what do you think about COTSAIR for case , power supply , and ram

quietness preferable - i do like a quit one but i can bear little disturbance\ noise if it is the good one

gamer' style cases with the lights and pointy edges - i prefer a case not so expensive but air flow should be good and keep my stuff cool.

I think this would be your best bet:

Intel Core i5-2500k
8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600Mhz
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3
GIGABYTE GTX 570 (Fermi)
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB (2 in RAID 0 Perhaps)
Crucial M4 64GB
Antec HCG-750 750W
Fractal Design Define R3 Black
Samsung 27'' 1ms LCD Monitor
Corsair H50

Even with the RAID 0 setup that comes to just under $1600 before shipping and rebates.

I left the GTX 580 out of it and went for a GTX 570 because they are better value and are going to max games on a single monitor anyway, you probably won't even need SLI for a while.

All in all though it should be very quiet and it will all look cool in red and black :)

metro_2020

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
today i see a nxzt full tower phantom you know its really cool but i heard width of this case is not enough and there seven fan inside well thats not a problem and price near about 140$ in india what do you think about it .
one more thing i postponed to think about cpu and mobo i will wait till amd gona release his new cpus what you say

I have the 902 which is just a smaller version of it and it is good for cooling and has good build quality but it can be a bit of a pain sometimes. For example i have to remove 16 screws just to clean the front fan filters (in the 902). Personally i think theyre quite ugly too to be honest but that's personal preference.

metro_2020

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
what power supply i prefer well i want a good one 850 - 1000 watt 80 plus gold\ bronze\ silver
seasonic , corsair , antec three of them must do good choose one for me i like to have one 1000 watt