M3A770DE will not move past POST to Windows XP

fabulis00

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
Hey there everyone - you are a wealth of knowledge and I appreciate any help you can give me.

I am attempting to upgrade my computer. I installed:
ASRock M3A770DE; AMD Phenom II X4 955; G.Skill 4 GB (2 x 2 GB) DDR3-1333 (PC3 10600) Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBNS, and Sapphire 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1 GB.

Everything else (hard drive - SATA WD Caviar Green 2 TB; power supply; and all other accessories) were from the previous version of this computer.

Put everything together it goes to POST but then will not load Windows XP. Once it goes past post the screen goes blank and then it reboots back to POST - over and over again.

I am no BIOS expert but I tried to adjust what I could. Nothing seems to work. The previous computer loaded just fine - it was other issues I was having which prompted the upgrade (and the desire for faster, better performance).

Please help if you have any ideas!

Thanks,
Mike

fabulis00

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
I was considering that but I wasn't sure if it would make a difference? (Also I was having trouble locating the install disc).

as I said I am more of a hardware guy and get a little turned around with these types of issues. I will try that as well as any other ideas folks may have.