Sign in with
Your question

How to know if integrated graphics card is disabled?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 24, 2011 9:21:38 PM

hi guys i recently bought a radeon hd5670 and installed it into my computer and everything looks good. but, i wanted to know if there was a way to tell if my onboard graphics card was disabled? my computer is an hp pavillion p6116f and this is it http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume... . i would be really thankful for some help, thanks.
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2011 9:29:44 PM

Well, you have to get into the BIOS setup (it usually says at boot time "hit DEL to enter setup") and from there, find one of these 2 things: and option that says "On Board VGA -> enable / disable" or "Primary Adapter -> PCIe / On Board". If there's both, disable the on board and select PCIe as primary.

I don't have the actual menus (screenshots) to show you, but it shouldn't be much hassle to find the options.

Cheers!
June 24, 2011 9:32:31 PM

thanks dude ill try it out.
Related resources
June 24, 2011 10:53:09 PM

i tried hitting delete but nothing came up, and then i went into advanced options by hitting f11, but was unable to find anything, anything else i could try? if it means anything when i went to play starcraft 2 it found the new card, so does that mean the integrated one is disabled?
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2011 11:33:42 PM

dont worry about it at all enabled or not

if your system is working then it will be fine
a b U Graphics card
June 25, 2011 5:50:04 AM

Yep, if it works fine, it just works fine, hehe.

No need to move things around when they work correctly.

Cheers!
a b U Graphics card
June 25, 2011 6:22:19 AM

Most of the time when you install a gpu it will disable the onboard gpu.
!