Windows not recognising AsRock Z77 Extreme4 network driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I keep getting the error, "Install a driver for your network adapter" when troubleshooting as to why I cannot connect to the internet on Windows 7. The Z77 driver CD did not appear to have a network driver on it, so I installed the one on the AsRock Z77 Extreme4 website. It still will not recognise it. In the BIOS, the onboard network adapter is enabled. What am I doing wrong?

The LAN indicators on the motherboard are also doing nothing. Could the LAN socket be broken?

G

Yes, that is the one. I install it, and Windows 7 still gives me the error.

In the BIOS when viewing the motherboard and the components attached, there is a yellow box around the LAN socket (which I believe means that it recognises my LAN cable being plugged into it).

G

When I tick show hidden devices, it shows the network adapters. Someone on one of my other posts about this thinks my OS might be corrupt. He recommended I run Memtest86+ to check.

G

Thank you for trying to help, but I already solved the problem back when my last post was (1st September 2012). My LAN port was faulty and I had to send for a new motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.