Riverside

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2008
Hi,

I can't edit my messages. When I try i get an error like " You are not allowed to edit this message". Why ? I am logged in and its my message.

Edit : Wow i just realized that i can edit in this forum but i still can not in overclocking forum. How come ?

randomizer

Champion
That's your problem. The UK site has a number of bugs which don't exist on the US site, including that one. You'll also notice that the quick edit doesn't work, you just get a cancel button. The website engineers are working on these bugs but were only recently told about them.

Riverside

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2008

I don't think so. I can edit my messages in this forum. But I can't in Overclocking forum. I have the same post counts in total for both forums right ?

Maybe I should try US site...

Riverside

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2008
I still can't edit my messages in overclocking forum but i can in this forum. Why ? Why ? Why ? Does anyone have any logical explanation ?

gsteacy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008

Some of the UK site bugs I reported they didn't know about, and they are working on a few at a time. The logout bug (where session cookies aren't cleared) especially will take some time to fix.

So this is pointing to the need for a proper bug tracking system, maybe something where we can see expected fixes and click to add ourselves to the list of affected users. If people are reporting bugs here on the forum and the developers do not know about them then clearly the present system is not working to well.

Yes.