jjcsr74

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
Hello, I just connected my wireless router, and ran a speed test. It's showing i ran 26.06MBPS. However when i was connected straight to my modem, i was running 61 MBPS.

Kewlx25

Distinguished
No surprise there then.

Wireless is duplex -- so speed claims can be divided by two.

He said he has a wireless router, but did not say if he was connected directly to it, and you should say "half duplex".

So, I guess to the OP, were you connected via Ethernet to your router or over wireless? Like Fihart said, wired vs wireless can be a very big difference.

If you were directly connected, then you may just need a faster router. dLink has a pretty good one that supports IPv6. I have the Netgear 3700 myself. It's a greater router, but dd-wrt doesn't full support it quite yet and it has no IPv6 support. But at least it'll scale up to ~400mbits which is a heck of a lot faster than 60mbit.

vargasjr13

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
It also varies on what type of wireless card you have, any radio or microvave devices your router might be next to. Are you the only one on the router? mbps speeds make a difference but also routers have features and hardware specs too. Wireless is almost always slower then wired.