User Interface

Most of the talk here tends to be about camera specs and abilities. I
wonder if I could get some discussion regarding the UI. Ignoring the
innards, which cameras have the best/worst interface? The more I used
my F707, the less I like its interface. It was great when I did not
know anything, but I have to use both hands on similar feeling buttons
to change settings.

--
Matt Silberstein

More about user interface

    Matt Silberstein wrote:
    > Most of the talk here tends to be about camera specs and abilities. I
    > wonder if I could get some discussion regarding the UI. Ignoring the
    > innards, which cameras have the best/worst interface? The more I used
    > my F707, the less I like its interface. It was great when I did not
    > know anything, but I have to use both hands on similar feeling buttons
    > to change settings.

    The more I use my Canon 20D the more I like it. It is a learning
    experience. I have 40 years of looking at the settings on the camera and
    lens, now it is on displays. It takes learning time, but I like the 20D
    better than others I have looked at.

    This is one reason I suggest anyone considering a new camera should make
    sure they spend some time with it in their hands. See how it feels, it is
    all a very personal thing.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    "Matt Silberstein" <RemoveThisPrefixmatts2nospam@ix.netcom.com> wrote in
    message news:ggtd41dnvl1g5bj0j7mblpdg7m9s75n2u0@4ax.com...
    > Most of the talk here tends to be about camera specs and abilities. I
    > wonder if I could get some discussion regarding the UI. Ignoring the
    > innards, which cameras have the best/worst interface? The more I used
    > my F707, the less I like its interface. It was great when I did not
    > know anything, but I have to use both hands on similar feeling buttons
    > to change settings.

    It's a bit like getting into a strange car. Everything is there, it just
    takes awhile to find the wipers, lights, etc, and pretty soon it becomes
    automatic. I like the controls on my D70 better than I have on most
    cameras, but it took awhile to get used to the D70, too.

    > --
    > Matt Silberstein
    >
    > All in all, if I could be any animal, I would want to be
    > a duck or a goose. They can fly, walk, and swim. Plus,
    > there there is a certain satisfaction knowing that at the
    > end of your life you will taste good with an orange sauce
    > or, in the case of a goose, a chestnut stuffing.

Photo Cameras