Asus ENGTX560 Ti FurMark

Nihilis

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Hi guys,

I don't frequent this part of the forums very often, so to those who I've never met - hi :)

I just have a quick question.

Having recently just run FurMark with my new ENGTX560 Ti, I was wondering how acceptable my scores are? I've never used FurMark before, and I've never owned a rig as expensive as this, so I'm somewhat lacking in knowledge. I know it's nothing compared to a 580 SLI or whatnot, but I was just wondering whether for the card I have, the performance is correct (see SS below.)

FurMark560Ti0xAA1680x1050DynBck.png

(Settings:

DynBack [x]
DynCam [ ]
Burn-in [x]
Xtreme burn-in [ ]
Post FX [x]

Full-Screen [x]
Res: 1680x1050
AA: Off

Then I just went and hit 'Benchmark (no preset)')

I realise the GPU temp may be high, but that was because I'd previously just run 5 other tests at different settings, and hadn't given it a chance to cool back down to 30'c.
-----------------------------------------------

The reason I went ahead and tested all this is because I noticed some blurring in Crysis Warhead, and a drop in FPS, and some stuttering in Oblivion (though I may account the former to connection (+downloading) and the latter to mods.)

Anyways, tell me what you think please :)

I plan to upgrade soon anyway (tossing up between another 560 Ti in SLI or a single 580) but as of yet I haven't got the money for either, and I need other upgrades such as a new monitor for 1080p resolution and PSU from a more trusted company.

Thanks for your help,
-Nih

Nihilis

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
I don't measure, as I find the flicking numbers to be too intrusive. It's usually smooth, but I wouldn't say it's by any means consistent (though I play with all settings maxxed.) When I used the Shogun 2 Steam Benchmark (DX 11, High Settings) my average FPS was 39.94.

Things like WoW are consistently 60 with everything ultra and all settings on, Rift dipped to 50 at the same settings but never below, Shogun 2 was 39.91 as the benchmark suggests (though it dropped to 2-5FPS during large battles with multiple AI bots - limitations of a 1GB card I assume), Crysis Warhead I'd guess is about 30 on ultra.

Overall, my FPS is okay, but it's hardly the step up I thought it was after the initial novelty of the rig wore off.

I recognise the card is stronger than my old HD 4870 (that chugged badly when I put it at ultra settings) but it doesn't seem to warrant all the rave reviews it gets.

Edit: I'll test with 3Dmark11 and post the results in this thread.

Edit 2: System specs if they're needed:

CPU: Intel i7 2600k
MoBo: Asus P8P67 Pro
RAM: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
GPU: 1x Asus ENGTX560 Ti
Cooling: Thermaltake Frio,
7 fans
HDD: 2x WD Black 7200rpm 64MB cache in Raid 0

Thanks for your replies,

Feel free to ask anything else, I'll do my best to oblige.

-Nih

Nihilis

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Asus tools? As far as I'm aware, unless they're passive on boot up, I have no Asus tools running.

Just did 3DMark11. I downloaded the free version so my test was set at performance, and I was unable to change the settings, so this is a bog standard performance benchmark (not entry or extreme):

Overall Score: P4695 3DMarks
3DMark11 tells me that my score is low compared to other systems.
Graphics Score: 4330
Physics Score: 9099
Combined Score: 4297

Graphics test 1: 20 FPS
Graphics test 2: 20 FPS
Graphics test 3: 26FPS
Graphics test 4: 13FPS
Physics test: 28FPS
Combined test: 19FPS

Default Settings
Default settings used - Yes
Edition - Basic
Screen Width - 1280
Screen Height - 720
Msaa Sample Count - 1
Texture Filtering Mode - Trilinear
Max Af Anisotropy - 1
Tessellation Detail - 5
Max Tessellation Factor - 10
ShadowMapSize - 5
Shadow Cascade Count - 4
Surface Shadow Sample Count - 16
Volumetric Illumination Quality - 5
Ambient Occlusion Quality - 5
Depth Of Field Quality - 5
Enable Window Mode - Off
Enable Vertical Sync - Off
Enable Triple Buffering - Off
Enable Wireframe - Off
Color Saturation - 100%

Thanks for your help!

-Nih

Nihilis

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Thank you :)

If I could just trouble you with one final question, as you seem knowledgeable, if I was to upgrade, do you suggest I go for the two step upgrade and get another 560Ti to SLI with my current, or hold out a little longer for a 580 (assuming that I meet all requirements and everything's dandy.)

Thanks for all your help,

-Nih

TRENDING THREADS