Sign in with
Your question

System doesn't recognize Galaxy Geforce GTS 450

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 25, 2011 2:09:22 AM

I just built a new computer, bought all the stuff from Newegg.ca, so i can return the card if needed.
the problem is that i bought the Galaxy Geforce GTS 450 graphics card (along with the motherboard, ram, processor, and HDD), installed everything in the computer, booted up for the first time, installed windows 7 and all the drivers for everything but the graphics card (everything else worked perfectly), but my system won't recognize the graphics card. The driver install CD that came with it says that i do not have an nvidia-ready card; i tried (just in case) to download the drivers from the nvidia website, but it also says that i do not have an nvidia graphics card.

My specs:
Motherboard: ASUS M4A78LT-M LE
RAM: 4gb
Processor: AMD Athlon II x2 255 3.2 GHz
PSU: Antec 500w (EA-500D)

i'm not sure why it isn't working, googloed it but couldn't find anything.
might be DoA?

thanks in advance
October 17, 2011 1:01:35 AM

I'm having the same problem.
My specs:
asus m4n98td evo
galaxy gts 450
650w psu
When I try to load a game it crashes and restarts; sometimes the computer never gets past the welcome screen! I put in a gt 430 to see if that works and it's working fine. Also installed older drivers, no luck. If someone has a solution please tell me how to fix it, this is a nightmare! Thanks!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2011 4:26:23 AM

Cmoore said:
I just built a new computer, bought all the stuff from Newegg.ca, so i can return the card if needed.
the problem is that i bought the Galaxy Geforce GTS 450 graphics card (along with the motherboard, ram, processor, and HDD), installed everything in the computer, booted up for the first time, installed windows 7 and all the drivers for everything but the graphics card (everything else worked perfectly), but my system won't recognize the graphics card. The driver install CD that came with it says that i do not have an nvidia-ready card; i tried (just in case) to download the drivers from the nvidia website, but it also says that i do not have an nvidia graphics card.

My specs:
Motherboard: ASUS M4A78LT-M LE
RAM: 4gb
Processor: AMD Athlon II x2 255 3.2 GHz
PSU: Antec 500w (EA-500D)

i'm not sure why it isn't working, googloed it but couldn't find anything.
might be DoA?

thanks in advance

right click my computer
select manage
select device manager
look at display adapter
if it says generic VGA
then

Do a windows update to get the WDDM driver for the card
and then install the Nvidia drivers

assuming you have Windows 7
goto to start menu
then all programs
then Windows Update
it should find the Microsoft WDDM driver
after MS driver installs
then restart
and install Nvidia driver

let me know if this works

m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2011 4:27:42 AM

BeastyBoss said:
I'm having the same problem.
My specs:
asus m4n98td evo
galaxy gts 450
650w psu
When I try to load a game it crashes and restarts; sometimes the computer never gets past the welcome screen! I put in a gt 430 to see if that works and it's working fine. Also installed older drivers, no luck. If someone has a solution please tell me how to fix it, this is a nightmare! Thanks!

You need to start your own question thread
it is not polite to "hijack" somebody else's thread
I will look for it
:) 
m
l
October 17, 2011 5:08:54 PM

I'm not hijacking his thread. No one was responding to it so I decided to give some backup to show that I am having the same exact problem as well.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 17, 2011 5:57:11 PM

Hey I wasnt being mean LOL

Did you try updating your DirectX?
especially with Windows 7 you should do the latest DX9 update
since alot of games still use it

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

with Win7 it has great DX11 but the DX9 needs updating
Might help

BTW I didnt want to see you getting in trouble with the mods :) 
m
l
October 18, 2011 1:19:23 AM

Actually I think I have found a solution.
I had a gt 430 in my computer since the gts 450 wasn't working, and the gt 430 was working fine. Since the gt 430 uses the same nvidia drivers as the gts 450, i decided to swap them out without uninstalling nvidia drivers. And Ta Da! Now my galaxy gts 450 is working fine! So if you have an extra 400 series graphics card try putting it into your motherboard, install the drivers for that card, turn off your computer, swap that card back out for the gts 450, and see if that works. I really think it should work because it worked for me ;) 
m
l
October 18, 2011 4:50:24 PM

lol just kidding, it's crashing again. At least it actually started up though. I tried to install nforce drivers again to see if that fixed it, but no luck.
m
l
October 18, 2011 10:51:54 PM

OH MY GOODNESS I HAVE ACTUALLY FOUND A SOLUTION OH MY GOD I'M SO HAPPY HAHAHAHA!!!
Go to galaxytech website (the guys who make the graphics card i'm using)
download graphics driver from their site
and it should work!!! And i'm not joking this time this one actually worked

m
l
October 18, 2011 11:08:52 PM

I keep fooling myself. I think it's working, but then it stops a bit later. I think it's time for a new graphics card :/ 
m
l
!