Is the Gamecube acid-proof ???

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,israel.amix (More info?)

My friend told me that the Gamecube will survive a bath in nitric
acid.I think it won't survive.

What do you think?
13 answers Last reply
More about gamecube acid proof
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,israel.amix (More info?)

    Yes
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    On 6 Mar 2005 00:08:06 -0800, insane_pile@yahoo.co.nz (Paul Eisner) wrote:

    >My friend told me that the Gamecube will survive a bath in nitric
    >acid.I think it won't survive.
    >
    >What do you think?

    Every month or so, using a fictitious name, this troll floods 5000
    newsgroups (all cross-posted to a single low-traffic but unrelated
    newsgroup) with superficially relevant comments. The purpose is to disrupt
    with off-topic crosspostings.

    Like all trolls, he means to annoy and disrupt. The tracking newsgroup is
    the way he "keeps score" of how much damage he has caused. Don't put
    yourself on display in his trophy case.

    If you feel you have to respond to one of his posts, please don't crosspost
    to his tracking newsgroup. In this case it is israel.amix.

    Like all trolls, the way to handle him is to IGNORE him.

    Take a few minutes of your time and check out the following score cards to
    see firsthand what this perverted troll is doing. I promise, you'll be
    amazed at just how active and perverted he is. You will see firsthand the
    troll's work and his trophies. You will see into the sickness and darkness
    of the worst troll on the internet today. Read some of his posts and look at
    the headers. You will see than no newsgroup is immune. You will see
    flamewars started, some containing over a hundred messages.

    Browse the can.uucp newsgroup, his old score card, for Karl-Hugo Weesberg

    Browse the is.matur newsgroup, his old score card, for Dan Simper.

    Browse the scot.tld newsgroup, his old score card, for Bruno Beam.

    Browse the israel.amix newsgroup, his current score card, for Paul Eisner.

    He is known as the "anagram troll" because his fictitious names are often
    discovered to be anagrams (for example "Dan Simper" is an anagram of
    "Spiderman", Bruno Beam is an anagram of "Unabomber").

    This guy is a serious troll with a serious problem. Don't be one of his
    trophies.

    Chances are that I don't subscribe to this newsgroup. I am simply monitoring
    the newsgroups the Anagram Troll is using as his score card. Any posts from
    me are a result of that monitoring. I normally only post to the newsgroup
    being spammed, not to the score card newsgroup, thus I will not see any
    replies directly to this post.

    Above all, please do not allow him to start a flamewar or extensive
    discussion in your newsgroup. He thrives on that. If it is too late, don't
    crosspost to his score card newsgroup. That trophy count is his motivation
    to continue trolling. Please help stop him in his tracks.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,israel.amix (More info?)

    "Paul Eisner" <insane_pile@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message news:d97491c7.0503060008.7ff314fe@posting.google.com...
    > My friend told me that the Gamecube will survive a bath in nitric
    > acid.I think it won't survive.
    >
    > What do you think?

    I think this is the lamest troll I ever saw.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,israel.amix (More info?)

    Paul Eisner wrote:
    > My friend told me that the Gamecube will survive a bath in nitric
    > acid.I think it won't survive.
    >
    > What do you think?

    The question is will *YOU* survive a bath in nitric acid. Try it out and
    have your friend let us know the results...
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    (israel.amix snipped to rob the trollish OP of an easy score)

    Smart Feet wrote in alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube:

    > Paul Eisner wrote:
    >> My friend told me that the Gamecube will survive a bath in nitric
    >> acid.I think it won't survive.
    >>
    >> What do you think?
    >
    > The question is will *YOU* survive a bath in nitric acid.

    If the Wikipedia entry on nitric acid is any indication, I'd say no.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitric_acid

    --
    Glenn Shaw
    Indianapolis, IN USA

    "The Anti-Troll" <Nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:6a5m21lb6afmuubc1ppt1h1cj8al15kjuf@4ax.com...
    > On 6 Mar 2005 00:08:06 -0800, insane_pile@yahoo.co.nz (Paul Eisner) wrote:
    >
    > >My friend told me that the Gamecube will survive a bath in nitric
    > >acid.I think it won't survive.
    > >
    > >What do you think?
    >
    > Every month or so, using a fictitious name, this troll floods 5000
    > newsgroups (all cross-posted to a single low-traffic but unrelated
    > newsgroup) with superficially relevant comments. The purpose is to disrupt
    > with off-topic crosspostings.
    >
    > Like all trolls, he means to annoy and disrupt. The tracking newsgroup is
    > the way he "keeps score" of how much damage he has caused. Don't put
    > yourself on display in his trophy case.
    >
    > If you feel you have to respond to one of his posts, please don't crosspost
    > to his tracking newsgroup. In this case it is israel.amix.
    >
    > Like all trolls, the way to handle him is to IGNORE him.

    Which so inclined *you* to respond, officer.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    jwmail wrote:

    > Which so inclined *you* to respond, officer.

    First of all, it's probably a completely automated bot that just tracks this
    guy's posts. This same post was made to the Xbox and PS2 groups (and likely
    lots more) following incredibly lame troll attempts by this same Paul Eisner
    asshat.

    And since Anti-Troll snipped the troll's scorecard newsgroup (israel.amix),
    the troll will never see this response or get any satisfaction from it.
    Anti-Troll is doing the newsgroups that this shitheel posts to a favor.

    -Z-
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Zackman wrote in alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube:

    > jwmail wrote:
    >
    >> Which so inclined *you* to respond, officer.
    >
    > First of all, it's probably a completely automated bot that just
    > tracks this guy's posts. This same post was made to the Xbox and PS2
    > groups (and likely lots more) following incredibly lame troll attempts
    > by this same Paul Eisner asshat.

    Not just the game newsgroups, either: I saw one of his troll posts over on
    sci.space.history this morning. And one of the regulars there actually
    posted a reply (the post didn't appear *too* OT at first glance, after
    all), completely oblivious to the possibility that "Anti-Troll" may have
    been right. :/

    --
    Glenn Shaw
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    To reply by e-mail, delete NOSPAM and transpose CAST and NET
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Glenn Shaw wrote:

    > Not just the game newsgroups, either: I saw one of his troll posts
    > over on sci.space.history this morning. And one of the regulars there
    > actually posted a reply (the post didn't appear *too* OT at first
    > glance, after all), completely oblivious to the possibility that
    > "Anti-Troll" may have been right. :/

    Looks like he's posted to over *400* different newsgroups in the past three
    days:

    http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=author:%22Paul+Eisner%22+israel.amix&start=0&scoring=d&

    -Z-
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Glenn Shaw <togusa@nospamcomnet.cast> wrote in

    > Zackman wrote in alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube:
    >
    >> jwmail wrote:
    >>
    >>> Which so inclined *you* to respond, officer.
    >>
    >> First of all, it's probably a completely automated bot that just
    >> tracks this guy's posts. This same post was made to the Xbox and PS2
    >> groups (and likely lots more) following incredibly lame troll
    >> attempts by this same Paul Eisner asshat.
    >
    > Not just the game newsgroups, either: I saw one of his troll posts
    > over on sci.space.history this morning. And one of the regulars there
    > actually posted a reply (the post didn't appear *too* OT at first
    > glance, after all), completely oblivious to the possibility that
    > "Anti-Troll" may have been right. :/

    This whole thing brings up an interesting point. I wonder if there really
    are Anti-trolls, not people who try to stop trolls from posting, but people
    who post to get the fewest number of replies to a given post...

    Probably not, attention and recognition is a basic human need while the
    need to be rejected and ignored isn't, and besides, there wouldn't be as
    much challenge to it as there is to real trolling.

    --
    Corwin

    "Paradoxes explain everything...Since they do, they can't be explained."
    -On Blue's Waters
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    menu boy wrote:
    > "Paul Eisner" <insane_pile@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
    > > My friend told me that the Gamecube will survive a bath in nitric
    > > acid.I think it won't survive.
    > >
    > > What do you think?
    >
    > I think this is the lamest troll I ever saw.

    Yet you weren't smart enough to remove his score-keeping "israel.amix"
    group from your followups.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 10:19:57 GMT, "menu boy"
    <ilmobixSPAMIT@hotmail.com> thought hard and said:

    >"Paul Eisner" <insane_pile@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message news:d97491c7.0503060008.7ff314fe@posting.google.com...
    >> My friend told me that the Gamecube will survive a bath in nitric
    >> acid.I think it won't survive.
    >>
    >> What do you think?
    >
    >I think this is the lamest troll I ever saw.

    I have seen worse.

    --

    -Daniel "Mr. Brevity" Kolle; 17 A.A. #2035
    Koji Kondo, Yo-Yo Ma, Gustav Mahler, Krzysztof Penderecki, and Geirr Tveitt are my Gods.

    "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > menu boy wrote:
    > > "Paul Eisner" <insane_pile@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
    > > > My friend told me that the Gamecube will survive a bath in nitric
    > > > acid.I think it won't survive.
    > > >
    > > > What do you think?
    > >
    > > I think this is the lamest troll I ever saw.
    >
    > Yet you weren't smart enough to remove his score-keeping "israel.amix"
    > group from your followups.

    I just didn't feel like it. We've had this discussion before Bobby. I don't waste
    my time looking at all the NGs a message is posted to. I could care less. Now, kindly
    kiss my ass you sweat from a baboon's balls.

    BTW, *your* troll was pretty lame too (although it did get me to respond, shame on me)

Console Gaming Games Video Gamecube Nintendo Video Games