Computer turning on, then off with no beep codes

hayjude99

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I have just put together a system which after a delay of about 2 seconds after I push the power button, turn all its fnas on and then die 5 seconds later. I put my internal speaker in to try and see if it would give me a beep code, but even with no RAM in it, it refuses to beep at me.

I'm running the following:

MoBo: MSI P67A-G43 (B3)
CPU: i5 2500k
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333
GPU: EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX560 Ti
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SATAIII
PSU: ABS Majesty 1100w (I did go a little overkill on the PSU, but I may want to put another GPU in soon and rewiring for a new PSU is no fun)
I also have an ASUS wireless card.

I will be taking the cpu/heatsink off and reseating them to see if that works. I'm just at a loss as to why this is restarting, but moreso why there aren't any error beeps! There's not a stick in right now.

And yes, I did check all the power cables. I'm building this for a friend too, and looking thoroughly stupid, so please help!

Thanks

hayjude99

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Ugh... Literally 20 seconds after I posted this, a thought came to me to try each Ram stick individually. And with only one stick in the first slot it started beeping at me the code for memory failure AND the beep for CPU failure. With only one in the third it doesn't beep and turns on, then off. This is definitely a bad motherboard then or do I have a bad motherboard AND a bad CPU?