No Access to Bios on boot

zach290

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
Hello,
First I have already been working with the ASUS tech trying to figure the issue out with no resolution. The problem is that when the system boots up I cannot get into the BIOS and there is no Bios Splash Screen on startup it blackscreens to the Windows screen. The system operates outstanding once booted. I found that I can get into the Bios if I switch video cards from the ATI HD4870x2 (which was tested on another mobo and there were no issues with getting into the BIOS) to a older 9800 256mb card which then allows me to get into the BIOS? I have updated the BIOS, reset the CMOS, updated drivers, swapped out RAM, used different monitors....Just getting a little frustated with this issue. The build is
Intel I5-2500K
ASUS Sabertooth P8P67
8GB Mushkin Red Line Enhanced 12800mhz (2x4)
ATI Radeon HD4870x2
2TB Seagate Barracuda XT 64Mb Cache HD
Thermatake 750
Just want to be able to tweak and overclock without swapping video cards everytime that I want to adjust the BIOS. The fact that the HD4870x2 works just fine on another mother board and that I can dropp an older 9800 series card in the rig and it boots with the splash and allows me into the bios is perplexing to say the least. Sorry for the long post just trying to ensure that the issue is understood and Thanks in Advance for any help, advice or ideas that may help.

zach290

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
well im not buying a new one i just got it for only $50 (NEW) from a friend but ill try flashing its BIOS and anotherthing is this card is one of the best rated 2nd on Toms and it also has a record breaking rig that had the same as mine just overclocked, so im not gonna get a new one cause youll never get another deal like that again.

zach290

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
found out the problem the card wouldnt do it because im running W7 and on XP it works fine so i just put in a GTX580 Lighting Exterme Edition 3GB card in (worlds fastest single GPU :)))