Thinkpad T20 - Power Problem .. please help!!!

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
August 22, 2005 7:52:04 PM

Hi,

I have a thinkpad T20 that recently no longer powers up.

When the power button is pressed the system shows the green power
light, upon releasing the power button green light turns itself off.

Nothing else happens, no fan, no HD noise, nothing.

Please help.

Thanks!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 23, 2005 2:51:55 AM

SFBLUES wrote:

> I have a thinkpad T20 that recently no longer powers up.
>
> When the power button is pressed the system shows the green power
> light, upon releasing the power button green light turns itself off.
>
> Nothing else happens, no fan, no HD noise, nothing.
>
> Please help.
>
> Thanks!

You may want to try the following:
- Remove the battery and disconnect power.
- Hold the power button down for about a minute.
- Connect the power cord only and try to boot.

If that doesn't work, you may also want to try:
http://tinyurl.com/9zjfd

Anoop
!