How to view websites on PC as a mobile device?

skeptikaltruth

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum; I have no clue where to put this question.

I have a cheap no name Windows CE laptop. I'm very happy with it but the internet browsing is slow. The internet browsers work just like they would on a regular PC.

Most websites nowadays have a mobile version of their website for slower processors like cell phones. How do I set my browser to work like it is a mobile device so all of the websites I visit will automatically run like a cell phone browser would?

Thanks in advance for any help!

skeptikaltruth

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Thank you very much! That Google service looks almost exactly like what I need!

I tried about 10 different websites using your method; it is definitely great for internet browsing.

However, when trying to access Yahoo Mail, it will not allow me to sign in. Also, Facebook will not even begin to work.

Are there any alternatives for these two websites?

Thanks again!

Jun 20, 2012
Hi King Archer,

Do you know how to reverse this process? My computer views all web pages like it would a mobile device. Like on my iPhone. Do you know how I can make it so my computer views web pages like it normally should..on a pc.

thanks a lot,
Eric

KingArcher

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
What browser are you currently using? And are you using any particular add-on that could be causing this?

You could try erasing all the cookies for the browser.
Are you using links meant for mobile devices? check the links as well.

Let us know more about the issue such as websites, browser and version.

Best Regards,
KingArcher

Syed Saif

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015
Most of the users don’t have portable devices like the iPhone or iPad, so how they will test their theme? However, if you want to view any website in a Mobile version than Just visit http://www.pakmainstream.blogspot.com/?m=1 (Replace pakmainstream.blogspot with your domain).

If anyone of you is going to use this approach, then it is significant to resize your browser up to 300px, so it may display the content in a systematic order. However, for different size desktop resize the screen as per the needs.