XP auto generated folders

I prefer to use my own folders and icons for pictures and music. WindowsXP continues to generate its own "My Music" and "My Pictures" folders. When I try to click on and/or delete these unwanted folders, I get a blue screen. Items on my tool bar disappear at the same time (although re-boot brings them back). I have done repeated checks for viruses. All is well there. So what can cause this?

How do I safely delete WindowsXP generated folders?

Jim
2 answers Last reply
More about auto generated folders

    You don't so there is no problem.

    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

    "jimpianored" <jimpianored@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ABB2F12-F165-4D0A-AA14-B0BD972905EF@microsoft.com...
    > I prefer to use my own folders and icons for pictures and music. WindowsXP continues to generate its own "My Music" and "My Pictures" folders. When I try to click on and/or delete these unwanted folders, I get a blue screen. Items on my tool bar disappear at the same time (although re-boot brings them back). I have done repeated checks for viruses. All is well there. So what can cause this?
    >
    > How do I safely delete WindowsXP generated folders?
    >
    > Jim

    I don't understand your response ... do you mean that you CAN'T safely delete the 'My Documents,' 'My Pictures,' 'My eBooks' or 'My Received Files' folders?

    "David Candy" wrote:

    > You don't so there is no problem.

    > 'Not happy John! Defending our democracy',
    > http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html
    >
    > "jimpianored" <jimpianored@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ABB2F12-F165-4D0A-AA14-B0BD972905EF@microsoft.com...
    > > I prefer to use my own folders and icons for pictures and music. WindowsXP continues to generate its own "My Music" and "My Pictures" folders. When I try to click on and/or delete these unwanted folders, I get a blue screen. Items on my tool bar disappear at the same time (although re-boot brings them back). I have done repeated checks for viruses. All is well there. So what can cause this?
    > >
    > > How do I safely delete WindowsXP generated folders?
    > >
    > > Jim

Configuration Windows XP