Ati Radeon HD 5570 Or Galaxy Geforce GT 520..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharath012

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Which of these two card is Best for gaming,,,
I have compared the specifications of both the cards, both look alike, but only Stream processors of the Cards is different, i don't know what is stream processors, does it affect gaming...
Stream processor of ATI Radeon is 400, For galaxy GT 520 is 48( I know huge difference in stream processors).

^ +1, both are useless for gaming. Also, forget number of stream processors, they are two completely differend cards based on different architectures. Its like saying chose a 30 litre container because it has a larger number than an 8 gallon container. If you do the math they are exactly the same, just measured in different units. The only way to get a good comparison is to read reviews. The minimum you should get to run current games would be an ati 5770/6770 or nvidia gts 450/550. These cards will give you good framerates at 1650x1050 resolution and lower. If you want good FPS on 1920x1080 res you want minimum of 6850 or gtx460.

joeman42_43

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2011
I don't know why no one could answer this guy's question. I know this is a hardware enthusiasts' site, but sometimes the regular posters just seem like snobs. To claim that both of those cards are "useless" for gaming is just not true. Not everyone needs top of the line graphics cards to feel good about themselves, and not everyone has disposable income. Sometimes the right strategy is to go for the best DEAL not the best card. I have a ATI HD 4850 that I got for a mere $60 and I can run Dead Space 2 at 1680x1050 with the settings on Ultra without any noticeable drops in framerate. So my guess would be that an HD 5570 would be better than HD 4850 if I were to assumed the bigger number = better card. But one can consult the tom's hardware hierarchy chart ( http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-performance-radeon-geforce,2997-7.html ) and see that it is in fact a bit weaker. Still, I don't have a minimum 5770 in order to play modern games as you suggested to this fellow.

In the end you didn't help him at all, all you could do expose your snobbery that only the best is good enough. There are plenty of good cards that run most modern games without spending hundreds on a graphics card. It would have been more helpful to refer him to the chart. The chart clearly shows that GT 430 is far inferior to the HD 5570. Could have been a simple answer to a simple question. I'm sure everyone realizes that usually more cash = more power, but that was not his question. The "Which is better, x or y?" question is what the chart was made to answer. Especially when comparing ATI to nVidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.