MotherBoard Suggestions?

mattb_07

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Hello guys and girls, just a quick question, but I am looking to upgrade to a new Motherboard, and I am currently trying to make sense of it all, so please excuse my ignorance.

I am basicly asking if there is a rule in which I should follow to ensure compatability when choosing these types of things I am looking for something preferably with 2 x16 PCI slots for a possible future SLI build, this isnt manditory though as I am restricted with size.

Anyways I am currently using the M2N68-LA (Narra6) model as my current motherboard, my case is restricted to a 245mmx245mm(Micro Atx) board and I am not currently looking to purchase a larger case, as this is going to be a longterm project starting with a good foundation.

For all of my computer specs here is the link for pretty much all the information you need;

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02582355&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=4269956&prodTypeId=12454

I am looking for something compatable with the new Processors that will be out this fall, I beleive they are the AMD FX-8350 Piledriver CPU.

So something that is AM3 and AM3+, I have a budget for around £50-120 and can breach this limit if the board is exceptional.

If you guys have any opinions on which is the better performing Motherboard please feel free to leave links as this massivly helps my search upon hours of forum jumping trying to find answers, ofcourse if its compatable.

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated!

mattb_07

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Also If you can find a board that is compatable with my current processor that would be great too! As im going to start with a mobo upgrade, then get some extra cash, then get a new processor ect, so i'm going to be using my current processor for a while.

Thanks!