Sign in with
Your question

Asus p8z77-v and msi 660ti problem

Last response: in Motherboards
September 1, 2012 1:09:53 AM

EDIT: problem solved

I am going to post this in motherboards and graphics cards just because of the dual problem:
System:
Asus P8z77-v
I5-3570k
Corsair vengeance 16gb 1600 MHz(approved for board)
Samsung 830 256gb
HGST 7K3000 2TB
Corsair 850AX Gold professional series modular PSU

First please read through everything I have done:
Upon building the system, I had hdmi cable plugged into the GPU. The GPU is an MSI gtx 660Ti 2GD5/OC. I couldn't get a picture so I switched it to the motherboard hdmi out, and everything worked fine. Upon visiting device manager, I saw that the only display device(or whatever its called the section that lists gpus) only listed the Intel HD4000. So I then rebooted into BIOS and went into advanced bios, advanced tab, system agent configuration, and then NB ----- menu, which lists the PCIE slots. The reading, on some boots, would be x0, on others it would be Not Detected. I then cleared CMOS, reseated the ram, the GPU( more times than I can count). There was no change. I also swapped the card into different slots. Next tried to.install drivers anyway, but it couldn't detect a card. I have a modular PSU, and was only using one PCI power line so I switched to the other empty line. It did not work either, so I then swapped pcie power cables. That didn't work either. I called MSI and the tech said that yes, I had done all possible troubleshooting and the card may be bad. I overnighted a new replacement from Amazon. With the new card, there was no change. I now focused on the motherboard. I called Asus tech support who also confirmed I had done all troubleshooting but suggested I do an outside the case build on cardboard. So I did. No change to the problem. I then overnighted a replacement motherboard(amazon must love me now with these returns). I rebuild the system with the New motherboard and New card, and still have the issue I started with: sometime UEFI says the card is x0, sometimes it isn't detected( and of course its not detected in windows also, although that the last goal with the motherboard not reading it)

Can I get ANY resolution of this? I called ASUS tech support again and they suggested a third board. This is getting absurd. I am also seeking advice on other boards any no one seems to know.

I would like to find someone I know and swap cards, that way I will know for sure. But unfortunately that is not an option for the time being.

More about : asus p8z77 msi 660ti problem

September 1, 2012 9:09:09 AM

6er said:
I am going to post this in motherboards and graphics cards just because of the dual problem:
System:
Asus P8z77-v
I5-3570k
Corsair vengeance 16gb 1600 MHz(approved for board)
Samsung 830 256gb
HGST 7K3000 2TB
Corsair 850AX Gold professional series modular PSU

First please read through everything I have done:
Upon building the system, I had hdmi cable plugged into the GPU. The GPU is an MSI gtx 660Ti 2GD5/OC. I couldn't get a picture so I switched it to the motherboard hdmi out, and everything worked fine. Upon visiting device manager, I saw that the only display device(or whatever its called the section that lists gpus) only listed the Intel HD4000. So I then rebooted into BIOS and went into advanced bios, advanced tab, system agent configuration, and then NB ----- menu, which lists the PCIE slots. The reading, on some boots, would be x0, on others it would be Not Detected. I then cleared CMOS, reseated the ram, the GPU( more times than I can count). There was no change. I also swapped the card into different slots. Next tried to.install drivers anyway, but it couldn't detect a card. I have a modular PSU, and was only using one PCI power line so I switched to the other empty line. It did not work either, so I then swapped pcie power cables. That didn't work either. I called MSI and the tech said that yes, I had done all possible troubleshooting and the card may be bad. I overnighted a new replacement from Amazon. With the new card, there was no change. I now focused on the motherboard. I called Asus tech support who also confirmed I had done all troubleshooting but suggested I do an outside the case build on cardboard. So I did. No change to the problem. I then overnighted a replacement motherboard(amazon must love me now with these returns). I rebuild the system with the New motherboard and New card, and still have the issue I started with: sometime UEFI says the card is x0, sometimes it isn't detected( and of course its not detected in windows also, although that the last goal with the motherboard not reading it)

Can I get ANY resolution of this? I called ASUS tech support again and they suggested a third board. This is getting absurd. I am also seeking advice on other boards any no one seems to know.

I would like to find someone I know and swap cards, that way I will know for sure. But unfortunately that is not an option for the time being.

I am very sorry to say that I am in the same situation with a p8z77-v pro thund.
There are no way to have a GPU that work, I try with nvidia gtx880 and radeon hd 6950.
Nothing to do, I have done hundreds of tests of all types with all three bios available, I called by the phone asus support, I wrote on asus forum and wrote directly to technical support askeing for support, nothing to do, I have to take off all parts again, I think this mobo has serious problems, maybe i think that should be better to change the motherboard.
take a look here: http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=2012083103485407...
dommy
m
l
September 3, 2012 1:34:28 PM

I went ahead and stopped by Best Buy and grabbed a Thermaltake Smart M 850 PSU. $50 cheaper street price than my Corsair AX850 pro series, and obviously better built since everything is in.great order. Ran Metro 2033 maxed out in DX11 at 1080 and it ran great.

I put a lot of Corsair components in my system, how the heck did a pay with FOUR BAD lines make it past quality control. The thermaltake is staying put, its earned it.
m
l
!