20d and ZoomBrowser?

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 27, 2005 11:35:21 PM

I have a point-and-shoot Canon camera and now a 20d. The A75 came with
ZoomBrowser. Will this application work with the 20d? It doesn't
recognize the camera, although it pops up a prompt telling me it'll
disconnect the camera in 60s if I let it, so there's *some*
communication going on.

TIA

Jason

More about : 20d zoombrowser

March 28, 2005 3:16:15 AM

ZoomBrowser has been superseded by the EOSViewer utility that should have
come on the CD's with your 20D. The 20D should also have DPP 1.5 which has a
great interface but still some foibles regarding colour accuracy.

Regards

DM

"J Warren" <nerraw_nosaj@ieee.org> wrote in message
>I have a point-and-shoot Canon camera and now a 20d. The A75 came with
> ZoomBrowser. Will this application work with the 20d? It doesn't
> recognize the camera, although it pops up a prompt telling me it'll
> disconnect the camera in 60s if I let it, so there's *some*
> communication going on.
>
> TIA
>
> Jason
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 5:51:09 AM

In article <39H1e.6740$Ab.1574@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
dungeon.master@nospam.blueyonder.co.uk says...
> ZoomBrowser has been superseded by the EOSViewer utility that should have
> come on the CD's with your 20D. The 20D should also have DPP 1.5 which has a
> great interface but still some foibles regarding colour accuracy.
>
> Regards
>
> DM

I came with them and I've installed and used them. One feature of
ZoomBrowser that I can't seem to find in the more modern program is the
ability to select images to download from the camera. If I shoot some
pictures and download them and then shoot some more there seems no way
to grab just the new pix (or a subset) without downloading everything in
the camera. Perhaps I'm not pushing the right buttons, but I haven't
figured out how do that.

Jason
March 28, 2005 5:51:10 AM

I've got just the opposite problem. My A75 downloads only the new pics,
which uaually suits me well. However, I had deleted some photos in my
computer by mistake and I haven't been able to figure out how to download
them from my camera again. They're still on the card in my camera, but I
haven't been able to download again.

> In article <39H1e.6740$Ab.1574@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
> dungeon.master@nospam.blueyonder.co.uk says...
> > ZoomBrowser has been superseded by the EOSViewer utility that should
have
> > come on the CD's with your 20D. The 20D should also have DPP 1.5 which
has a
> > great interface but still some foibles regarding colour accuracy.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > DM
> >
> I came with them and I've installed and used them. One feature of
> ZoomBrowser that I can't seem to find in the more modern program is the
> ability to select images to download from the camera. If I shoot some
> pictures and download them and then shoot some more there seems no way
> to grab just the new pix (or a subset) without downloading everything in
> the camera. Perhaps I'm not pushing the right buttons, but I haven't
> figured out how do that.
>
> Jason
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 2:51:03 PM

I had an issue with this as well. If you are using a PC you should be able
to disassociate zoom browser from popping up, I did but I am not sure how
now. It may have been with the XP autoplay control.

Use the EOSViewer and drag and drop the files onto your PC drive, you can't
edit them in the camera. Alternatively use a card reader.

"J Warren" <nerraw_nosaj@ieee.org> wrote in message
>I have a point-and-shoot Canon camera and now a 20d. The A75 came with
> ZoomBrowser. Will this application work with the 20d? It doesn't
> recognize the camera, although it pops up a prompt telling me it'll
> disconnect the camera in 60s if I let it, so there's *some*
> communication going on.
>
> TIA
>
> Jason
March 28, 2005 4:36:39 PM

Just select the ones you want in the right hand browser window and drag them
to a directory on your hard drive. If you've shot both RAW & JPG it will
treat them as 1 image & drag both files to the hard drive.

Regards

DM

"J Warren" <nerraw_nosaj@ieee.org> wrote in message
> In article <39H1e.6740$Ab.1574@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
> dungeon.master@nospam.blueyonder.co.uk says...
>> ZoomBrowser has been superseded by the EOSViewer utility that should have
>> come on the CD's with your 20D. The 20D should also have DPP 1.5 which
>> has a
>> great interface but still some foibles regarding colour accuracy.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> DM
>>
> I came with them and I've installed and used them. One feature of
> ZoomBrowser that I can't seem to find in the more modern program is the
> ability to select images to download from the camera. If I shoot some
> pictures and download them and then shoot some more there seems no way
> to grab just the new pix (or a subset) without downloading everything in
> the camera. Perhaps I'm not pushing the right buttons, but I haven't
> figured out how do that.
>
> Jason
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 3:24:18 AM

Hello,

I too just purchased a 20D after using the S400 and the ZoomBrowser EX
for a while. I missed the user-friendliness of the ZoomBrowser EX and
the thing I miss the most is the slide-show feature. I haven't read
the 20D software instructions, but is there any slide show features in
any of the included software?

Thanks,
Andrew.

--
alaksana
Anonymous

"alaksana" <alaksana.1mmxo8@news.photobanter.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> I too just purchased a 20D after using the S400 and the ZoomBrowser EX
> for a while. I missed the user-friendliness of the ZoomBrowser EX and
> the thing I miss the most is the slide-show feature. I haven't read
> the 20D software instructions, but is there any slide show features in
> any of the included software?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew.
>

> --
> alaksana

Take a look at Microsoft's free Photo Story 3 for Windows. Doesn't do what
I expected (ZoomBrowser EX, IrfanView etc) but is impressive. Tried it, for
the first time, yesterday; if you discover how to use/incorporate the .aud
music files please post the "how to" on this NG.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 3:27:56 PM

"News" <Keith@nohtsystems.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 2b99g$8b6$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...

> "alaksana" <alaksana.1mmxo8@news.photobanter.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I too just purchased a 20D after using the S400 and the ZoomBrowser EX
>> for a while. I missed the user-friendliness of the ZoomBrowser EX and
>> the thing I miss the most is the slide-show feature. I haven't read
>> the 20D software instructions, but is there any slide show features in
>> any of the included software?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew.
>>

>> --
>> alaksana
>
> Take a look at Microsoft's free Photo Story 3 for Windows. Doesn't do
> what I expected (ZoomBrowser EX, IrfanView etc) but is impressive. Tried
> it, for the first time, yesterday; if you discover how to use/incorporate
> the .aud music files please post the "how to" on this NG.
Think I've found the answer - "Create Music" probably use them.

!