Sign in with
Your question

Need Feedback on $1100 AMD system

Last response: in Systems
August 28, 2011 4:24:22 AM

I told my friend I would get some feedback for him on his system specs.
Cyber power prebuilt

I changed his build around, but the newegg built isnt public yet. Pretty much I gave him a 750 watt Corsair Pro series, 8 GB corsair XM3s mem, and a Hyper 212 cooler.
a c 104 B Homebuilt system
August 28, 2011 4:44:02 AM

If it is for gaming you are better of with a faster X4 than a X6. For that money though you could build a I5 2500K system that will be faster.
m
l
August 28, 2011 4:45:56 AM

He wants amd, but then again he is a complete computer noob. I told him to wait on the bulldozer chips since he isnt going to get this until January its not a big deal.
m
l
Related resources
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
August 28, 2011 4:49:30 AM

ask again in January

there will be new hardware released between now and then , and it wont just be the bd processors
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 28, 2011 4:52:36 AM

Well I wouldn't do 6850's in X-fire, I'd consider just getting a single GPU for now and upgrading later.

* A 6950 2 gb or better would be what I'd consider. With a single GPU solution you would only need about a 400-500w PSU to power the system easily. This would save some $ and could be used for other parts or for some savings.

* The Phenom II x6 isn't always the best solution if it's a gaming system, but it depends on what your doing with the system. I'd say at least a Phenom II x4 955 BE would the least CPU for an AMD system that I'd consider. With a $1k budget I'd seriously consider getting an Intel 2500k CPU or something like that. It all depends on what you want to do. AMD mobo's tend to have more options for less $, so that can be a consideration.

* Is this a new build or are you piecemealing one together??
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 28, 2011 4:53:50 AM

vigilante212 said:
He wants amd, but then again he is a complete computer noob. I told him to wait on the bulldozer chips since he isnt going to get this until January its not a big deal.

Well this advice will be quite outdated by January, so ask in January for the latest deals and options.
m
l
a c 104 B Homebuilt system
August 28, 2011 5:02:44 AM

Agree with above posts it is a long time in the computer world until January! New things, different prices so then will be the right time to ask.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 28, 2011 3:06:14 PM

Thats a very nice multitasking beast which will play future multithreaded games better.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 28, 2011 3:36:36 PM

Well since you mentioned that you have a build on newegg that you haven't made public yet, continue to keep an eye on it and update it with the best parts as things change. It would really help if you made it public, especially when you get close to making a buy so that we can see it and make suggestions.
m
l
!