Gigabyte 560Ti SOC vs MSI 570 TWIN FROZR III

Approximate Purchase Date: Tomorrow

Budget: ~£250

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (such as BF3 and MMO/RPG type games), Internet, Office tasks, Physics work (such as Matlab)

Current GPU and PSU: Something from 6 years ago :wahoo: , Will have the Antec High Current 750W

System Specs: 2500k, Gigabyte UD3H

Preferred Websites for Parts: scan or ebuyer

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Would rather just a single card unless significantly better value for money

Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050 atm but will add a 1920x1080 in the future and have 2 screens (only one used for gaming)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently considering between the following:

Gigabyte 560 Ti SOC - £199.99

MSI 570 TWIN FROZR III - £263.48
5 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte 560ti twin frozr
  1. For your resolution the GTX560ti is plenty but as new games come out eventually it is going to start hurting before the GTX570.
  2. So which of the two would you recommend?

I am looking for best price per performance but also want it to last a long time before my next upgrade.
  3. The SOC has a nice overclock that places its performance very close to the GTX 570. The MSI 570 Twin Frozr has a relatively small overclock. So at stock speeds, both are similar in performance, with the 570 running a little faster. Of course, if you plan to overclock, the MSI 570 Twin Frozr III has more headroom than the 560 SOC, so it has much more high-end potential. Either will meet all your gaming needs and both have very quiet and cool heatsinks.
  4. For the money the GTX560Ti!
  5. Thanks guys, made up my mind :D

Going with the 560Ti
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gigabyte Graphics Product