Discussion about Palit GT430 Seeking Advices :)

LegendaryAssassin

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Hi guys, I am new here and i am seeking advices, and i am sorry if my english is not good enough or my post is not as it is required.I am just asking you to have a look at my questions, and give me good advices .. Please..? :)
So I am thinking of buying a Palit GT430 1GB, becouse a friend of mine said that i can play most of the new games with it and its not too expensive. And I will ask you to tell me if there is a better graphic card but its around the same price, i think the palit is 80 dollars. i want you to tell me can i run games(with the Palit GT430) like AC 1,2 , AC Revalations(coming up in November 15th and the recommended graphic card is Nvidia GTS240), AC 3(coming up in 2012), FIFA 11, COD Black Ops, COD 2, COD 3( coming up in November too), Fable 3, The Witcher 2, I mean games coming this or the next year, I would be happy if i can play them, you now :)
And the other question.. Can i run games where, for example, Nvidia 8800 GT or 9600 is required or recommended? i mean if I have Palit GT430 can I play the same games if Nvidia 8800 or 9600 GT is required..? hope I got that sentence correct..
my motherboard is ASRock G31M-S and my processor is Intel C2 Duo E7500 2.93 GHz.
Hope you can help me with good answers :) Thank you very much i will be looking forward for your answers!

LegendaryAssassin

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
How can I know if my PSU can handle it? sorry if its a stupid question but i am trying to learn whatever i can ..?
thanks for the answer hope you write again to tell me for the psu..

LegendaryAssassin

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
it wont make difference if its palit, not nvidia, right? or is there a difference? Its the same power etc. ?
sry for 2x posting but i am writing tese posts on my phone and there is no button for redaction..damn just forgot the word...

What is the brand and model (not just wattage) of your PSU?
I agree that you would be disappointed by the gaming performance of the GT430, unless your monitor has a very low resolution. What is the resolution of your monitor?
With these two pieces of information, we should be able to make better suggestions.

My quick take on it is that a HD5670 (with GDDR5, not GDDR3) would probably fit in your budget, and can be run on a fairly weak PSU.

LegendaryAssassin

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
I am not sure but i think my monitor's resolution is 1024x768 .. Yea think it was that..
about the PSU.. I have never been interested of it but i guess the wattage was 400.. The brand and the model.. I'll be able to tell you on wednesday.. I am on vacation now, and i'll be back on wednesday..
So.. Sapphire HD5670 vs. Palit GTS450 .. I just wanna now witch one of these graphics cards will provide me with good resolution and playing newer games.. As long as it is possible?
And what's the difference in gddr3 and gddr5 .
Hope you guys check these thread.. Thanks for the answers!

As the charts ^ show, the GTS450 is definitely the stronger card, but the question of power must be satisfied before you rush out and buy one. The listed amount, 182W of total power draw, is not much, but unless you know your PSU doesn't have a liar-label on it AND enough of its power is available on +12V, you would want to at least consider replacing it. A 380W Antec Earthwatts or 400W Corsair Builder would be sufficient. Also note that your resolution is somewhat lower than the one in the charts, so your FPS will be higher.
If you play the rebate game and win, you can get a GTS450 for around $80, but the pre-rebate price is up around $105-$120.

LegendaryAssassin

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
So if I buy gts450, i must have 400W psu or more..? i would be happy if you tell me exactly what i should have, so this gpu can work for me? like I said, i will be able to get home on wednesday, and that is the time when i can tell you all about my psu.. Hope you guys are here when it happens..
Then its all about the psu, and the motherboard wont make any problem? (my motherboard is ASRock G31M-S) if its true i will write here when i get home...
thanks for your help, see you in few days.. :)

4745454b

Titan
The GT430 is weaker then the GT240 it was supposed to replace. It usually sits between the GT220 and GT240. The GT240 performs like a 9600GT, so if you need a 9600GT then the GT430 will be to weak. For gaming you'd be better off buying the 9600GT, 9800GT, or GT240 then the GT430.

If you have a weak 400W PSU then get the 6670 if you want to risk it, or the 5570 if you want to play it safe. AMD cards use less power then Nvidia cards so you're better off with one of them instead.

LegendaryAssassin

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
So I decide to buy Palit GTS450 but I want to ask can I run games with this card if 9800GT is required?
i just decided to take the compute to the store so they can tell me what I can do with the computer.. thanks for your answers, I will be checking the thread..

LegendaryAssassin

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
So I see.. You say palit gts450 is better than the 9800.. My last questions ..:
Palit GTS450 vs. sapphire HD6670? would be better if your answer is like ;This one is better than the other; and remember that I want to play games with this card lets say 3 or 4 years if its possible of course.. And run games like crysis 2 in 1024x768..
and ofcourse I want to now is my motherboard will couse me problem with one of these. and if my PSU is not good enough I will replace it.. i guess.. But I prefer not to..argh and my motherboard is ASRock G31M-S.
thank you guys for the answers I hope these were my last questions, hope there will be no problems with the GPUs.. See you guys later, and thanks again :)

Here is Toms GPU chart little crude but correct http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-graphics-card-game-performance-radeon-hd-6670,2935-7.html
Here are PSU requirements borrowed from EVGA
"Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 22 Amps.) "

If your PSU is actually capable of 400W, then the GTS450 is the better choice, with clearly superior performance. If your PSU is weaker, then the HD5670 is likely the strongest card you should buy unless you want to replace your PSU.
Fortunately, at 1024x768, the HD5670 should be able to play any game with good settings; perhaps max without AA in many cases.

LegendaryAssassin

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
If my PSU its not good enough, I will replace it...
if I am not able to do it, I will buy the HD6670 not the 5670?
can I run the gts450 with 300W PSU? cuz i dont remember what was the PSU like..

A GTS450 should probably not be run on a 300W PSU, unless you know it is a particularly good one (e.g. Seasonic).
The HD6670 will also run on a 300W PSU, but the THG review said that its performance lead over the HD5670 did not justify the greater increase in its price. Since you'd probably want to upgrade your GPU at some point anyway, I'd get the lesser HD5670 now.

LegendaryAssassin

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Yeyyy, I'm finally home ^^Here is a picture of my PSU: http://www.prikachi.com/images/548/3510548N.jpg | Its 500W think it can handle the Palit GTS450?
And final question what do you think.. should i buy Palit GTS450 512MB or 1GB?
Here is a linki for the 512MB: http://techno-lux.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=10644&category_id=3230&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1
Here is a link for the 1GB: http://techno-lux.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=10630&category_id=3230&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1
I know the 1Gb is better, but its 30"$" more than the 512MB? I don't know if there is a coming game witch needs more than 512MB, but I want to play with this card at least 4-5 years(If its possible of course)? What do you think..?
Looking forward for your answers :)

LegendaryAssassin

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Try this one for the PSU..: http://www.mypicx.com/06292011/PSU/ and click twice if u dont see the things on it .. o_O
Its GDDR5... not SLI... anyway u mean the GTS450 should be 1GB not the 512MB... ( Answer to this question with yes or no, I dont f.. remeber what was the "utilize" meaning :D, please..)

aharvey80

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
I got my GT430 after reading the data sheet here: www.techiewarehouse.co.uk I have no problem gaming on a 3.2 Dual Core with 4GB Ram. I have been playing COD Black-Ops, Assasins Creed and Duke Forever without any issues, best of all it can output in 3D with Nvidea shutter glasses or Anaglyph stereo glasses and also in high def through the hdmi on my 42" LCD. I'm glad I didn't bother with a more expensive card when this cost only 55 bucks. It may not load as quick as some top end g-cards but it's still quicker than my Xbox lol.