Status
Not open for further replies.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished
What is the worst gpu that cant allow no one to even play games?

He is going to be undertaking a hard exam this year and i want to install a very very weak gpu that renders most games unplayable.
It has to be Pcie slot compatible.
It still has to be in manufactured.I was thinking of the nvidia g210 but anything with weaker graphic processing power should be better.

Solution
Depends on what movie formats you are talking about.

Virtually any video card can handle DivX and XviD encoded videos as well a DVD movies.

Blu-Ray movies, and movies encoded with the H264 codec (commonly referred to as MKV files) will require a bit of processing power by the video card otherwise there could be some stuttering. This will happen if you use any PCI graphics card because of the limited bandwidth and weak GPU core on these cards.

The Radeon HD 4350 is decent enough to play back Blu-Ray movies and H264 encoded videos as long as the CPU is power enough. Most CPU manufactured in the last 4 years should be good enough. It's lack of gaming performance should frustrate most gamers craving for a modern game. However, I'm sure...

Timop

Distinguished
The logic is to pair it with a horrible PSU so anything graphically demanding just locks up. Then blame it on the game itself as you can proudly show him he has the second most powerful GPU in the world ATM. But oh well. :<

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

thanks for the response.
But i want to know does weak in gaming mean weak in movies?I still want to watch movies at good framerates(Not sure if movies use framerrates).

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

Movies require much less GPU processing power (they are 2D after all), so even weak GPUs can play movies. There is however, no GPU that can't play even old game since older 2D games (from the 1990's) can run pretty much off the CPU alone and simple games like Pong can run on a calculator...

Why don't you just underclock your current card for the time being or let your PC use integrated graphics (if the motherboard has them), or just hire a tutor/watch your kid while he's studying?

Depends on what movie formats you are talking about.

Virtually any video card can handle DivX and XviD encoded videos as well a DVD movies.

Blu-Ray movies, and movies encoded with the H264 codec (commonly referred to as MKV files) will require a bit of processing power by the video card otherwise there could be some stuttering. This will happen if you use any PCI graphics card because of the limited bandwidth and weak GPU core on these cards.

The Radeon HD 4350 is decent enough to play back Blu-Ray movies and H264 encoded videos as long as the CPU is power enough. Most CPU manufactured in the last 4 years should be good enough. It's lack of gaming performance should frustrate most gamers craving for a modern game. However, I'm sure you can still play Flash based games on the internet.

The HD 4350 can be bought for $40 + $5 shipping....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127436

Solution

Shpati

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008

Just use the onboard GPU if there is one. Like those old Intel accelerator on board GPUs. I tried to play a game on my dad's PC with a similar GPU and it could not even run WarCraft III. Had to play it on 640x480x16 lowest settings for "playable". Anything above those settings = slide show.

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

Or HD 5450, whichever is the cheapest.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished
Thanks guys for the reply

Sorry Timop I got angry, even though it sounds like a joke question it isnt.

And I jaguarskx are their any differences between pci slot gpu and pci-e slot?

I aint good at gpus.

Status
Not open for further replies.