How to make windows bootable

hi guys i got a windows 7 install disc and want to copy it to another dvd and make it bootable as well how can i do this?

any replies will be greatley appriciated
9 answers Last reply
More about make windows bootable
  1. What you propose is illegal, and we cannot help with illegal activities here on Toms.
  2. Well, its not exactly illegal to make a copy of your windows or modify your own copy.
  3. a_tractor said:
    hi guys i got a windows 7 install disc and want to copy it to another dvd and make it bootable as well how can i do this?

any replies will be greatley appriciated

Why don't u put it on the USB pen drive and have it stored digitally ?

Install onto USB pen drive using Microsoft's own copy tool.
    U need this tool -- Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool
    How to @ http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2009/12/-the-usb-flash-drive.arsWindows Easy Transfer
  4. You should be able to make an image of the disc and then copy it to the backup disc.
  5. i tried thet but it dosent work.
  6. use nero (or lg power tools, img burn, power iso etc burning tools) and click on copy cd to cd for cd , and for dvd click dvd to dvd to make a copy of your window
  7. ok i have powei iso pleese could you tell me how to do it in english? sorry i dont understand what you are saying. i do have 2 cd drives though?
  8. i tried just burning it in power iso but it wasnt bootable? there is a icon thes says add boot information?
  9. i fixed it by adding boot information to the iso
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 DVD