MSI 970A-G46 CMOS Jumper question

alright, i posted another thread thinking my cpu and motherboard were dead. after almost giving up on getting my computer to work, i decided to try the CMOS trick. i took the jumper, reset it while it was off, and placed the jumper in the keep data (12) position. i turned on my computer and it worked. but ever since that, i have had tho reset it with the jumper each time to use it. my question is:

Are you supposed to leave the jumper on the 1-2 position, or is it safe to remove after the reset? also, would replacing the battery potentially fix this issue? i have a spare 2032, but the process of CMOS is confusing me slightly. any help would be greatly appreciated. i have a replacement mobo on the way, but would really like to save this for a build for my brother. again, thanks for your time, in advance :D
1 answer Last reply
More about 970a cmos jumper question
  1. After resetting the CMOS you should go to BIOS, load defaults and safe it. After that your PC should start after a reboot. You can tray to load optimized setting in BIOS if it's stable.
Ask a new question

Read More

MSI-Microstar CMOS Jumper Motherboards