Antec Earthwatts EA 650 Green ATX12V V2.3 PSU

Westender74

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Hellos folks,

I'm thinking of upgrading my motherboard and CPU etc and (already) have a new Antec Earthwatts 650W 80 + Bronze PSU (ATX12V V2.3). Seeing as that the more powerful motherboards these days have 8 Pin CPU power connectors I'm wondering if my power supply will work. It has 2 x 4 Pin Connectors each marked "CPU" however one 4 Pin connector (on PSU) has two square connectors diagonally and two curved connectors diagonally. And the second 4 Pin connector has all curved connectors (no square ones).

Now the odd thing is that the new motherboards with the 8 PIN CPU power connector only have the staggered square and curved Pins on the MB itself. Would I blow the CPU or motherboard if I plugged both of my 4 pin CPU connectors into the forementioned type of 8 Pin CPU power connectors? Because one of my 4 Pin connectors has only curved pins?

It's a good PSU that I bought on sale so I'm hoping I won't have to buy another one. I hope this makes sense to those reading this..

Thank You

What you have is a 4+4 pin EPS12V/ATX12V connector.

It can be used for a mother board that has a 4-pin ATX12V socket or a motherboard with an 8-pin EPS12V socket.

When you connect up both 4-pin cables to the motherboards socket make sure the yellow +12V wires (pins 5 to 8) all line up on the same side and all of the black ground wires (pins 1 to 4) line up on the opposite side.