Will this power supply work with my new graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbegust

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I just bought a new gtx 570 which requires a 550w power supply. Being as though I have a 750w supply, I should be okay there. However the card says it can have no more than a 219w maximum graphics gard power. I really don't know what that means, or how I can find out if I meet this spec. Could anyone please help me?

Thanks!

Card model number 012-P3-1571-AR

Solution
The psu that you have will be fine for that card and as long as you connect the two 6 pin pci-e power connectors to the card you will be fine. I would say that the maximum 219w power is refering to make sure that you connect to the pci-e power connectors from the psu and to know what the watts are if you use the molex adaptors if you don't have the pci-e power connectors that come with most power supplies.
The psu that you have will be fine for that card and as long as you connect the two 6 pin pci-e power connectors to the card you will be fine. I would say that the maximum 219w power is refering to make sure that you connect to the pci-e power connectors from the psu and to know what the watts are if you use the molex adaptors if you don't have the pci-e power connectors that come with most power supplies.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.