I have a serious problem with crossfire 5770s

Lvoelger

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
I have a ASUS P8P67 LE motherboard that is crossfirex ready.
I have an intel i5 2500k
An 850watt power supply and
2 Ati 5770 graphics cards

I have installed them both correctly, and i connected the crossfire cable.

e7e.png

b3t.png

These are my two 5770 in gpu z.

The problem is that no matter what i do, I have no option or mention of crossfire in ccc. It is like crossfire doesn't exist, and thus i can't enable the crossfire.

I have reinstalled my drivers dozens of times, I have swapped the graphics cards, I have even taken one out- installed just one card and than added the second a little later. No matter what I do I have no option to enable crossfire.

What am I doing wrong? This sucks because I just bought this card and now think it was a complete waste. This is scaring me away from ever trying crossfire again. Please help!!! I'm desperate.

Lvoelger

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
What? I don't understand. I want to run the two ati 5770s in crossfire and GPU-z is stating that crossfire is disabled. On top of that everywhere on the web says you have to enable crossfire in ccc, but I have no option for that. I bought a second 5770 for what seems to be nothing.

darcangelorr

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
I had a similar problem when I added my 2nd 5770 in April. The option for crossfire did not appear until I did a complete uninstall/reinstall of CCC. The latest version out right now is 11.6 - make sure you get that. Upon rebooting after the reinstall a window will pop up and say that crossfire is detected and confirm that you want to enable it. Make sure your crossfire bridge cable is attached as well. Good luck!