Status
Not open for further replies.

allenmac

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I have a corsair 650 tx psu, I was wondering if I ran 2 evga GTX460 1 GB cards (450w min system power) if thus psu would suffice or if I'd have to upgrade. Also running an i5-2500 cpu, 2 case fans.

Solution
For a system running with two GeForce GTX 460 graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDA specifies a minimum of a 620 Watt or greater power supply with a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 37 Amps or greater and with at least four 6-pin PCI-E Supplementary Power Connectors.

The Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 (CMPSU-650TXV2), with its +12 Volt continuous current rating of 53 Amps it is more than sufficient powerwise. This power supply has only two 6+2 pin PCI-E Supplementary Power Connectors so you're going to have to use two dual 4-pin Molex to 6-pin PCI-E power dongles that EVGA usually includes with their graphics cards.
For a system running with two GeForce GTX 460 graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDA specifies a minimum of a 620 Watt or greater power supply with a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 37 Amps or greater and with at least four 6-pin PCI-E Supplementary Power Connectors.

The Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 (CMPSU-650TXV2), with its +12 Volt continuous current rating of 53 Amps it is more than sufficient powerwise. This power supply has only two 6+2 pin PCI-E Supplementary Power Connectors so you're going to have to use two dual 4-pin Molex to 6-pin PCI-E power dongles that EVGA usually includes with their graphics cards.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.