Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Graphics card for 1440x900

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 26, 2011 9:53:50 AM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This week

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming- Shogun 2, Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Morroblivion(Look it up!!), Oblivion and general computing.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: Don't have a GPU, new build. Modxstream 600w

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: Going to have a 2500k and MSI P67 Motherboard, 4GB GSKILL Ripjaws X

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg

PARTS PREFERENCES: Prefer Nvidia.

OVERCLOCKING: Yes

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1440x900

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Want to run the games on my list up there at pretty much max, but I can always dial down some settings that don't make much difference but kill performance.

More about : graphics card 1440x900

June 26, 2011 10:05:06 AM

Price isn't too important but I want best bang or the buck+ future proof as much as possible. right now it would cost me about $50 MORE to go for the 560 ti galaxy vs the 460 ASUS Direct Cu. I'm kind of leaning 560 Ti at that price.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 26, 2011 10:14:08 AM

it doesnt matter what resolution (i have no idea why people think this - its total BS), just pick the best card that you can afford
m
0
l
a c 128 U Graphics card
June 26, 2011 10:18:12 AM

Matt34533 said:
Price isn't too important but I want best bang or the buck+ future proof as much as possible. right now it would cost me about $50 MORE to go for the 560 ti galaxy vs the 460 ASUS Direct Cu. I'm kind of leaning 560 Ti at that price.

Then a 560 is a great choice. Your running at pretty low res though.

Additionally, $50 more in that price range is about a 33% increase.
m
0
l
June 26, 2011 6:58:01 PM

ubercake said:
Then a 560 is a great choice. Your running at pretty low res though.

Additionally, $50 more in that price range is about a 33% increase.


Okay, thanks. And will a 600w PSU be enough to power the 560 Ti overclocked, a 2500k maybe overclocked if I can OC with stock heatsink, a hard drive and DVD Drive.
m
0
l
a c 128 U Graphics card
June 27, 2011 8:58:46 AM

Matt34533 said:
Okay, thanks. And will a 600w PSU be enough to power the 560 Ti overclocked, a 2500k maybe overclocked if I can OC with stock heatsink, a hard drive and DVD Drive.

What is the make/model PSU you're considering?
m
0
l
!