Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How to replace a video card on an acer aspire 3680???

Last response: in Components
November 27, 2011 11:32:16 PM

Hello,
Ik so I have 2 acer aspire 3680. One has a cracked screen that stopped working cause I spilt water on it but my laptop still would turn on. So when I was at my moms I got another one that had a messed up hard drive I took that to change my screen. I watched a video on youtube and replaced the screen no problem I turned it on. And I could kinda see the screen that said acer but it went all black. So I talked to my brother in law and he said it sounded like the video card. So my question is how do I find and replace the video card. And what would be easier swithching the screen back (took me 2 1/2 - 3 hours) and
putting my harddrive in the other one or just changing the video cards? Please help I'm not good at this stuff.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 28, 2011 12:25:09 AM

You dont cause there isn't one.

Swap the parts.

End of story

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
November 28, 2011 12:37:17 AM

Overall, try putting the screen back into the one with a bad hard drive, and replace it with the other. The thing is you will need a full version of Windows UNLESS it's the same exact model or you have the recovery CD's.

Far as the video card goes, the only way to replace the video card is to swap out the motherboards. At that point, you're pretty much looking at a new laptop. Considering the model, in the long run, better off just replacing it out right now if neither still work.
Related resources
November 28, 2011 1:30:18 AM

runswindows95 said:
Overall, try putting the screen back into the one with a bad hard drive, and replace it with the other. The thing is you will need a full version of Windows UNLESS it's the same exact model or you have the recovery CD's.

Far as the video card goes, the only way to replace the video card is to swap out the motherboards. At that point, you're pretty much looking at a new laptop. Considering the model, in the long run, better off just replacing it out right now if neither still work.

Yes they are the same exact model and I do have the recovery cds
December 8, 2011 10:50:52 PM

Best answer selected by racheldalziel.
!