Win2003Server + Acer BT500

Hi everybody,

i've a laptop running Windows 2003 Server. Yesterday i've got a USB
bluetooth stick ACER BT 500. Windows regoniced that there some new
hardware, but i can't install any driver or software.

Does anyone knows if there is some software and driver running with this
windows version?

TIA, Karsten
5 answers Last reply
More about win2003server acer bt500

    Is the Acer BT using Widcomm drivers? If yes you'll need drivers version
    1.4.10 at least.

    --
    Mauricio Freitas
    Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

    "Karsten Heddenhausen" <karsten@heddenhausen.de> wrote in message
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > i've a laptop running Windows 2003 Server. Yesterday i've got a USB
    > bluetooth stick ACER BT 500. Windows regoniced that there some new
    > hardware, but i can't install any driver or software.
    >
    > Does anyone knows if there is some software and driver running with this
    > windows version?
    >
    > TIA, Karsten

    Hi Mauricio!

    "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> used his keyboard at
    08.04.2004 09:54:10 to write <news:sy7dc.7597$u%1.789151@news02.tsnz.net>
    > Is the Acer BT using Widcomm drivers? If yes you'll need drivers version
    > 1.4.10 at least.

    Where do i find it? I use driver version 1.2.1.20 and at www.widcomm.com i
    don't find any driver :-(

    CU Karsten
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > Hi Mauricio!
    >
    > "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> used his keyboard at
    > 08.04.2004 09:54:10 to write <news:sy7dc.7597$u%1.789151@news02.tsnz.net>
    > > Is the Acer BT using Widcomm drivers? If yes you'll need drivers version
    > > 1.4.10 at least.
    >
    > Where do i find it? I use driver version 1.2.1.20 and at www.widcomm.com i
    > don't find any driver :-(
    >
    > CU Karsten

    Hi back!

    The drivers are supplied by Widcomm to each manufacturer. You'll have to
    look on Acer's web site for the update. Not all are released at the same
    time, and not all have made the 1.4 available yet. AFAIK we have TDK,
    Bluetake, Belkin, DLINK and a few others. Drivers from one company will not
    work with an adapter from other company.

    --
    Mauricio Freitas
    Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Hi everybody!

    "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> used his keyboard at
    08.04.2004 12:02:08 to write <news:3q9dc.7622$u%1.790735@news02.tsnz.net>
    > Hi back!
    >
    > The drivers are supplied by Widcomm to each manufacturer. You'll have to
    > look on Acer's web site for the update. Not all are released at the same
    > time, and not all have made the 1.4 available yet. AFAIK we have TDK,
    > Bluetake, Belkin, DLINK and a few others. Drivers from one company will not
    > work with an adapter from other company.

    Yesterday, i downloaded the newest driver from the ACER web site, but the
    installer of the software only says, that i use an unsupported Windows.

    Does anyone knows, how i could use this bluetooth stick with my laptop?

    CU, Karsten
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Hi everybody!

    I found the way to use my bluetooth stick with windows 2003 server:
    http://www.jonscaife.com/bt/index.html

    There's a manual, some patches and drivers for connecting this bluetooth
    stick to an windows 2003 server based computer.

    It seems to work!

    CU Karsten

Bluetooth Acer Windows Server 2003 Software