Win2003Server + Acer BT500

Last response: in Technologies
April 8, 2004 12:07:23 PM

Hi everybody,

i've a laptop running Windows 2003 Server. Yesterday i've got a USB
bluetooth stick ACER BT 500. Windows regoniced that there some new
hardware, but i can't install any driver or software.

Does anyone knows if there is some software and driver running with this
windows version?

TIA, Karsten
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 11:54:10 PM

Is the Acer BT using Widcomm drivers? If yes you'll need drivers version
1.4.10 at least.

--
Mauricio Freitas
Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

"Karsten Heddenhausen" <karsten@heddenhausen.de> wrote in message
> Hi everybody,
>
> i've a laptop running Windows 2003 Server. Yesterday i've got a USB
> bluetooth stick ACER BT 500. Windows regoniced that there some new
> hardware, but i can't install any driver or software.
>
> Does anyone knows if there is some software and driver running with this
> windows version?
>
> TIA, Karsten
Anonymous
April 8, 2004 11:54:11 PM

Hi Mauricio!

"Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> used his keyboard at
08.04.2004 09:54:10 to write <news:sy7dc.7597$u%1.789151@news02.tsnz.net>
> Is the Acer BT using Widcomm drivers? If yes you'll need drivers version
> 1.4.10 at least.

Where do i find it? I use driver version 1.2.1.20 and at www.widcomm.com i
don't find any driver :-(

CU Karsten
Anonymous
April 9, 2004 2:02:08 AM

> Hi Mauricio!
>
> "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> used his keyboard at
> 08.04.2004 09:54:10 to write <news:sy7dc.7597$u%1.789151@news02.tsnz.net>
> > Is the Acer BT using Widcomm drivers? If yes you'll need drivers version
> > 1.4.10 at least.
>
> Where do i find it? I use driver version 1.2.1.20 and at www.widcomm.com i
> don't find any driver :-(
>
> CU Karsten

Hi back!

The drivers are supplied by Widcomm to each manufacturer. You'll have to
look on Acer's web site for the update. Not all are released at the same
time, and not all have made the 1.4 available yet. AFAIK we have TDK,
Bluetake, Belkin, DLINK and a few others. Drivers from one company will not
work with an adapter from other company.

--
Mauricio Freitas
Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
April 9, 2004 5:04:05 PM

Hi everybody!

"Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> used his keyboard at
08.04.2004 12:02:08 to write <news:3q9dc.7622$u%1.790735@news02.tsnz.net>
> Hi back!
>
> The drivers are supplied by Widcomm to each manufacturer. You'll have to
> look on Acer's web site for the update. Not all are released at the same
> time, and not all have made the 1.4 available yet. AFAIK we have TDK,
> Bluetake, Belkin, DLINK and a few others. Drivers from one company will not
> work with an adapter from other company.

Yesterday, i downloaded the newest driver from the ACER web site, but the
installer of the software only says, that i use an unsupported Windows.

Does anyone knows, how i could use this bluetooth stick with my laptop?

CU, Karsten
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 1:41:13 AM

Hi everybody!

I found the way to use my bluetooth stick with windows 2003 server:
http://www.jonscaife.com/bt/index.html

There's a manual, some patches and drivers for connecting this bluetooth
stick to an windows 2003 server based computer.

It seems to work!

CU Karsten
!